I apologise if this is the wrong forum to ask in, but there are two programs I would love to see written for the PSP, if possible.

Firstly, a menu driven program loader. See, I use irSHELL and it's great, but you can only add five user defined programs to load, and I have lots more than that on my memory card. So ideally I'd like a program that uses (say) a text file to list and call any programs on the memory card. I.e., a program (which I'd add as one of irSHell's five user choosable programs (just a normal PSP program), which would read in a standard text file called (say) programs.txt, and list the contents, and allow the user to choose one. So that if the file programs.txt contained the text:

Spectrum emulator=ms0\psp\game150\pspectrum\boot.psp
MSX emulator=ms0\psp\game150\msx\boot.psp
Polygunn Wars=ms0\psp\game\pgw\boot.psp

then the program would say:

Please select:

Spectrum emulator
MSX emulator
Polygunn Wars

Exit

and the user could select which program to load (using D-PAD UP, D-PAD DOWN, and CROSS to select) or could select EXIT which would return to the calling program (irSHell, XBM etc). The program would list everything before the = (equals sign) on each line, and then read everything after the equals sign as the information needed to run that game/program.

Secondly, I'm using my PSP a lot as an e-book reader, as it has a text viewer (built into iRSHell), called Bookr, which is very good, having almost every feature you could ask for, including:

- bookmarking,

- the ability to change the colours (I use green ink on black background),

- good controls (D-PAD Down or TRIANGLE = next page (next PSP screen), D-PAD UP or SQUARE = previous page, D-PAD RIGHT or CIRCLE = skip ten pages forward, D-PAD LEFT or CROSS = back ten pages, though it might have been good to have the right and left shoulder button as next and previous page, respectively, too),

- the ability to choose the PSP's clock speed for Bookr (you can even set it to 10MHz, to really save power).

in fact it's great, and I'd really recommend it, but it has three flaws;

Firstly, it's not much good at word wrapping, i.e. the text:

"IN the year 1878 I took my degree of Doctor of Medicine of the University of London, and proceeded to Netley to go through the course prescribed for surgeons in the army. Having completed my studies there, I was duly attached to the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers..."

would come out something like:

"IN the year 1878 I took my degree of Doctor of Medicine
of the University
of London, and proceeded to Netley to go through the course
prescribed for
surgeons in the army. Having completed my studies there, I
was duly attached
to the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers..."
etc

Whereas is really should appear something like:

"IN the year 1878 I took my degree of Doctor of Medicine
of the University of London, and proceeded to Netley to go
through the course prescribed for surgeons in the army. Having
completed my studies there, I was duly attached to the Fifth
Northumberland Fusiliers..."
etc

Secondly, it doesn't support .zip or .rar files, which is a shame as some text files can be very large (more than 4MB).

Thirdly, there is no search function, which is a pity.

So I was wondering/hoping that someone might consider writing or porting a text viewer to the PSP. If not then it's certainly no problem, as Bookr is almost perfect anyway, and makes the PSP a great e-book reader, but a reader with the functions I've requested would be great.

Actually, on the subject of an e-book reader, and this is probably asking to much, I know, another great feature would be if the user could highlight a word on screen and get a dictionary definition, which would be so convenient and educational. I don't know if any PC e-book reader has this ability, but I use WordWeb, as superb freeware dictionary/thesaurus ( http://wordweb.info/free/ ) to look up words I don't know on my (offline) laptop. If this, or similar, could be intergrated into a PSP e-book reader then that would be incredible.

Anyway, thanks for any answers.