Thread: SXT Firmware BFM for Developer Beta 1 - PSP 1.50 only

Blog Entries

Default SXT Firmware BFM for Developer Beta 1 - PSP 1.50 only

Yoshihiro and SXT are proud to bring you The most advanced Firmware loader ever created for psp:

It's been tested to boot successfully :

firmware 1.0 debug unit (the bogus 1.0 update from sony), 1.0 retail, 1.5 retail and 1.52 retail. firmwares 2.0, 2.01 and 2.50 do not boot yet on this version.

This version is useful to developers and firmware hackers.

What's new compared to existing FW loaders :

- Totally coded from nothing by Yoshihiro from SXT.
    (although the original idea of running a firmware from a memory stick comes from MPH)
    - Unlike other loader that patches like 3 prx, BFM (the SXT version) patches them all !! It means unlike other fw loaders BFM does NOT load prx modules from the flash unit but only from the memory stick !
    It also means less risks of freezing, and no chances of bricking your psp while playing with your tweak fw (or untweaked ones)
    - prx modules are patched on the fly !
    - Improved stability
    - You can almost use every fw feature including music (mp3) playback and videos ( including UMD videos) playback !!
    - You can have several fw at once on a single memory stick !
    - Runs descrypted and encrypted firmwares !
    - You are now sure of botting 100% of the fw files from the memory stick and not from your flash (whitch means you would run modules from your own fw instead of running the ones located in your memory sticks, fw loaders such as the ones from MPH have that issue)
    - No sources yet, we do not release sources with our beta versions.

Download via the comments

DCEmu Newbie

You know what this means people.... being able to boot 2.5 firmware without flashing our psp in the future ... woohooo ill be back to 2.0 running 2.5 when the time comes

DCEmu Newbie

Is this something like PSPset? That just sets your psp to a version your psp isn't.

So what's the use of this right now?

Yeah. . . Umm i dont understand what this does. Anyone care to explain? I opened it up and hit start i think and uhhh nothing happened (I think) I'm lookin for a version changer. . . didnt find it

DCEmu Regular

Has anyone tested this to see if it can load up 2.5 Firmware without actually Permanently effecting the PSP? It might be interesting to play with 2.0 or 2.5, just to see the new features.

Although, outside of the web browser, there's been nothing new added to any PSP Firmware releases that would even remotely tempt me to run them. I don't need my PSP to do anything other then play games, and it plays the most stuff (Homebrew and Commercial) with Firmware 1.50 and the WAB Version Changer.

um so . . . . what exactly does this do?
    Is it supposed to be a more up to date version changer?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinSean
    um so . . . . what exactly does this do?
    Is it supposed to be a more up to date version changer?
    Not really, I don't think. If what I'm reading is correct, it lets you boot up a different firmware than you actually have from the memory card. That way you can use 1.5/1.0 for homebrew, then you could boot up a higher version from the memory card without it flashing to the PSP's firmware.

Short version:
    Lets you run a higher firmware version from the memory card without actually updating.

Looks like this only works with versions below 2.0, though.

At least that's what I think it does. Hope it is. Because if they manage to let you boot up 2.5 from the memory card 'n stuff without updating, it'd be completely awesome.

DCEmu Regular

if you are running another firmware (not 1.50) with this program can you run homnebrew or do you exit?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by *o*
    if you are running another firmware (not 1.50) with this program can you run homnebrew or do you exit?
    SXT Firmware BFM for Developer Beta 1 - PSP 1.50 only
    You can always downgrade if you have 2.0 or lower!

DCEmu Newbie

need some 1 to dump the offical 1.0 firewire please ? please post it here or send it me a [email protected]

Thread Information