Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hands-On: Datel 4GB Hard Drive for Sony PSP - Details, Benchmarks, Compatibility Test

DCEmu Newbie

Cool beans

See? I try to make a positive post now and again =b

If you pop over to Lik Sang you'll notice this won't accept anything over the 4 gig drive.

To be exact, the PSP's USB notices more when its linked to the computer, but the PSP's firmware won't recognize anything larger.

That doesn't mean that homebrew won't notice it. Dev's could probably program in recognition to their apps, then it would be just like when everyone adopted the 333 clock speed. A bunch of small releases in a couple days and everythings cool again.

Might work.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by slayer2psp
    f all the people who whant to put in ther pocket dont buy it then i cant wait and nintendo sucks ass im not 5 years old i hate nintendo this is about psp so why bring up the over priced crap nintendo makes. it funny how people talk $#@! about cool stuff so dont buy it if you dont like it . the best all in one handheld is the ngage anyways if its about being small and can do everthing lets see mp3s movies games phone net all in a nice little package nintendo cant do that
    I can tell your obviously not 5, though I'd peg you at about 12 with that spelling and "OMGZ!1!! PSP RULZE NINTENDO IS TEH SUCK!" attitude.

why bring up the over priced crap nintendo makes
    Actually Nintendo makes the lowest cost systems.

the best all in one handheld is the ngage anyways if its about being small and can do everthing lets see mp3s movies games phone net all in a nice little package nintendo cant do that
    NGage is the best huh....I'm not even going to bother. If your that ignorant to not know good games/systems when you see em, you shouldn't consider yourself a gamer.

Unlike your mindless sony zealot babble I own both PSP and the DS. They both kick some major booty.

DCEmu Legend

I really want to see how this works. I saw a hack some where(may have been here, but it may have been PSP-Hacks..) where someone made a device that accepts microdrives and had 6gb working on the PSP. It involved an adaptor of sorts, but I can imagine that it might be cheaper than this unit.

Unless it is actually a small hard-drive (maybe a laptop HD? not exactly sure, since I haven't seen any screenshots of the product). If it is actually a mini-harddrive, then hacking that to accept larger disks may be a good idea.

DCEmu Regular

micro drive... as said countless times... same interface as a compact flash card. (yes it's a 4,200rpm miniature hard drive

sheesh!

Yes, I must stress everyone talking about iPod hard disk etc..

This is a very small drive (size of a CF obviously). The biggest capacity announced (hard to find) is 6GB at the moment.

In comparison:
    Laptop hard disks are 2.5inch.
    Desktop hard disks are 3.5inch.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microdrive for more information.

What is good to see about this product is that it is a Compact Flash to Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter for PSP. That is great news, and maybe they will repackage it as a 2-in-1 converter (CF or SD for PSP). That would be awesome. The converter would not be very expensive and then it would be possible to use CF or SD (much cheaper than Memory Stick Pro Duo).

DCEmu Legend

Well since my doubts are true, then there is no sense buying this. I saw a hack floating about that was a converter from CF and Microdrive to Duo. It plugged into the PSP and could hold a 6 gb microdrive(which worked with the PSP).

Might as well just get that then, probably alot cheaper too. If I find the link I will post it here(even though I think I found it here originally).

Here it is:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11466

Thumbs down still...

Still... with no answer to my question yet... how is the PSP gonna fit in my pocket with those two luggy things leached on the back like that?

Does this not make "portable gaming" inconvenient?

How bout we just make a backpack for the Ps2... attach it to a dvd screen... have a waste band for the dvd screen and play with the PS2 controller?

Might as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information