Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate PAL UK Dreamcast Resource

DCEmu Newbie

Default Ultimate PAL UK Dreamcast Resource

I have been looking all over the net, and have yet to find the definative PAL dreamcast resource. Some have come close but none of them really highlight the machine, its games and the history of the Dreamcast, not fully anyway.

So I got thinking, what would be the general thoughts on a "book" (professionally printed of course) that people could have on their bookshelf and refer to, either from a collectors point of view, or as a reference guide?

I thought some more, and did a little research too and it turns out that to cover all the information properly (including full page reviews of the 216 UK PAL released games (well the 216 that I am aware of) and the peripherals and accessories, as well as the history of the machine in the UK and information releating to the homebrew scene) would mean that the said "book" would have to be A5 in size and printed in black & white (well halftones for piccies).

This would all end up in a 260 page reference book, printed in black & white, availabe for around £10 plus postage. (Colour printing would be the way to go but would cost well over £25 to print, so that really makes it non-viable).

So, would this be something that has a place in the scene? Would people buy it more to the point? And for it to be successful, what information would have to be in it?

Sounds good. I would be interested in something like that!

DCEmu Newbie

Just to add some credibility to this possible idea, I am the same guy who wrote the Dreamcast Homebrew article a few months ago (which was posted on here) that a few of the regulars thought was ok

So come on guys, let me hear your thoughts, so that i can decide wheter or not to spend the next few months of my life sitting at my keyboard

10.00 GBP = 14.7172 EUR

Don't know its a bit late in Dreamcast life for something like that.

DCEmu Newbie

I am surprised that this has not been done before to be honest, and I appreciate your viewpoint Zherae, but just maybe, someone will find some benefit in a resource like this.

As i said in the original post, I have not yet come across a "definative" website that logs all of this infomation, let alone a paper based resource, and with this in mind it could be a case of better late than never.

I have decided to start work on this idea, printing a limited run, and offering it as a PDF for those who would prefer it that way.

If anyone has and ideas, or would like to help out, then please drop me a line, otherwise I'll be back after the Chirstmas holidays, hopefully with a book to tempt you all with

Quote Originally Posted by Zherae
    10.00 GBP = 14.7172 EUR

I think that's a pretty good price. Now if there would be a project like this for the JP/US markets too.

Quote Originally Posted by spurs4ever
    Just to add some credibility to this possible idea, I am the same guy who wrote the Dreamcast Homebrew article a few months ago (which was posted on here) that a few of the regulars thought was ok
    This one ?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1743

It definitely would buy it! good effort!

DCEmu Newbie

This one ?
    Yep that one.

Got a few things to do this weekend, but have a week off next week so will make a start then. Got some planning to do first, general structure etc, so while I am doing that, does anyone have any suggestions as to the type of information they would like to see?

DCEmu Newbie

Been talking to Sega about this and it seems as if they want royalties for such a book to be published (well royalties to use images from games and cover art anyway), so thats the end of that idea it would seem.

Regards
    Simon

DCEmu Pro

How much were they lookin for in royalties, if they were lookin for a percentage profit, then a slight hike in price would allow you to keep your profit at what you want and also allow sega their royalties.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information