Thread: Remotejoy - potential OpenGL mod

DCEmu Newbie

Default Remotejoy - potential OpenGL mod

RemoteJoy is awesome. I'm absolutely in love with the concept - big screen at home, small on the go. And I have a beastly monitor and no HDTV, so it's great.

Except it's a horrible jaggy mess and doesn't elegantly run fullscreen.

RemoteJoy ResizeMod helps, but the smoothing contained therein runs terribly slow on my quite decent computer, and even so, it's not very good looking. It's like having your screen smeared with vaseline. A happy medium of smoothing is required.

After about a full day's worth of brainstorming and research I determined that the best way of getting what I want is to hack OpenGL rendering into the RemoteJoy source.

This does two things: allow for a different, hopefully more sane smoothing via texture filtering; and potentially enables GLSL shaders ranging from 2xSaI type filters to HDR to silly things like sketch mode.

Anyway, I'm not a programmer by any means, but I was able to sc$#@! together a proof of concept demo using various tutorials and lots of trial and error. No shaders yet, but I have RJ running in OpenGL using texture filtering that looks slightly less vaselinic than ResizeMod. Stability and performance are questionable at this stage.

So my question is: is anyone interested? Should I post it somewhere? I'd love to have someone who actually knows what they're doing give it a look-over and fix whatever memory leaks and bad performance code I may have put in.

Even if nobody wants to help, I'm confident that I'll be able to add shader support soon. But I'd like to know if there's any public interest, so I can decide whether to bother with things I don't personally care about like selectable resolution, fixing the things I broke (half-size mode), etc.

Remote Joy for older type CPUs i like it. OpenGL was first used in Windows95 i believe...... so it should work on old OS's now. if you can get this to work..... you would be the first to have Remote Joy on win95 computers.

Thread Information