I tested almost of all PSP products. So far, I think that Xilisoft PSP Video Converter supports the most decoding like WMV, MOV, RM, AVI, MPEG, AAC, M4A, and more. So I would share the software and the guide written by me with anyone.

1. After launching Xilisoft PSP Video Converter, open your video file from the File -> Add menu.

2. Go to the “Profile” drop down list box to select a targeted output format.
At this point in the process we will output the highest quality PSP file possible. So we choose “PSP Video Format - Excellent Quality (*.mp4)”.

3. Click on the “Browse” button beside the “Destination” drop down list box to set the output path where created file will be placed.

4. Leave the default settings to start converting by clicking on the “Encode” button in the interface.

5. After conversion successfully, by connecting the Memory Stick (or PSP with Memory Stick inserted) to your PC and clicking on the Tools -> PSP Video Manager Menu of Xilisoft PSP Video Converter, you may get converted video file to your PSP by clicking on the “Move” or ”Copy” button.
Note: movie file must be stored in the root folder of the Memory Stick called MP_Root with a subdirectory 100MNV01. With Xilisoft PSP Video Converter, this directory is automatically created on the Memory Stick when transferring file to your Sony PSP.

Xilisoft PSP Video Converter offers some convenient profiles that let you select conversion settings based on movie length. You may need to try different settings in order to find one that leaves you with enough space on the Memory Stick without having really poor video quality. Supports 15 frame rate, 29.97 frame rate, Bit Rate from 216 to 1500 Kbps. And video size like 160x112, 324x248 and 368x208 is adjustable (16:9 full screen on PSP).

It is regrettable that Xilisoft PSP Video Converter has trouble ripping audio CDs. At here, I would introduce a freeware named SonicStage. With the help of SonicStage, you may rip audio CDs to MP3 format and then copy converted files to your Sony PSP. SonicStage supports burning a CD to play in your car or home stereo and transferring your songs to over 3 dozen different Sony portable audio devices such as the new HD3 Network Walkman.