Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mame compatibility list 097

Cool

The following 3 versions are corrupt -[ KN NB NT ] If anyone has copies of them that are not corrupt can you please post them, or email them to me ([email protected]) and I will post them. I noticed that all the files on the original page are now down. I'm not sure if that's a bandwidth situation for them or maybe they were removed because of the problems with the above mentioned files.

ALSO - has anyone figured out a way to get back to the game selection
    menu once a game is loaded?

Cool Games List For All 18 Versions

I found this listing for all the versions of MAME 97. Some have FPS listings and if they say "overflow" in the right column I think that means the game will crash. This is an "mht" document so you will need to open it with your web browser. This is a much better alternative than booting up each version to check which games are supported.

Still haven't had any luck getting non corrupt copies of thoes 3 versions but I will continue to try.

I also noticed that you can use 'samples' but so far I've only tested Donkey Kong JR and it sounds great.

'artwork' of any kind seems to cause an overflow every time.

And I haven't tested it yet but I noticed there is an option to rotate the screen

I get the feeling that a repack by the author is going to be needed for the 3 mame packs. I also get the feeling that pspmame is simply not getting enough fanfare due to the fact that most of the younger gamers do not appreciate the cratmanship that went into these classic games, I for one can truly understand your desire to play mario bro's on the psp in all it's arcade perfect glory. Oh well at least bombjack works well.

Cool

I'm guessing maybe some people haven't caught on yet or have had their fill of PSPMAME. When the last one was released there was a lot more talk about it on this Forum.

I just found "pspmame04kn", "04nt", "04gs2", and "04tt2" hopefully I will get a chance to check them out today and see what the heck they are.

glad you found the packs you were looking for. so I guess you will report your findings? hehe

DCEmu Newbie

Very interesting the excel file. A great help for test the games.

We can translate this with babel fish of altavista, japanese to english.

The name of the games:
    パックマン --> Pack man

The title of the columns translated:

Title (Japanese name)
    Image name
    Operation
    Picture
    Sound
    In addition

I think that the "operation" means that the emulation of the game starts, picture that it show graphics, and sound that it sounds (i´m a geniuos!!) XD

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    I'm guessing maybe some people haven't caught on yet or have had their fill of PSPMAME. When the last one was released there was a lot more talk about it on this Forum.

I just found "pspmame04kn", "04nt", "04gs2", and "04tt2" hopefully I will get a chance to check them out today and see what the heck they are.
    Jdemon, make me happy!!! XD Where can we download this releases?

Cool

They seem to be just the same versions of 97 that are up and working. The official release is "97_r0.4" so I guess that's why these files were named "04".
    And it was sg2 (sega2) not gs2, sorry. The NT zip was corrupted of course.. and yes I even tried once again to see if it would work anyway, and it didn't.

Malatesta, trust me if I ever find any of the non-corrupt ones (NT,BT,or KN) I will be shouting it from the rooftops so don't worry, you won't miss it.

BTW The "rotate" option works great for some games. I've also noticed that if you go back to the menu to load another game up it may crash. Even if it's a game you know works. Not sure yet if that's because I'm using the "rotate" or not.

I found this sitting on my hard drive, hopefully it works for you. Unfortunately I can't try this out as my wife is playing through gta lcs at the moment and mame does not work on fanjita's loader yet.

Cool

Thanks plungmonies, but it's KN2 97 actually

DCEmu Regular

I wish this would get updated. I like the addition of all the games with the packs. Just problem is nothing really works that much. I just think they should concentrate on a driver at a time for each game. If they'd just add the games that run well there'd probably be more people interested in the emu. At the present time even Galaga runs slow. Looks like the gpx2 is going to be where it's at for mame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information