Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dee Dee Planet Dreamcast video

DCEmu Regular

So you want to tell that if the game uses SDK or else katana the game publisher should ask for Sega perminsion cause Sega has the rights for the SDK(katana).
    Right?

Yes.

DCEmu Regular

So if a game programer wants to make a Dreamcast game in nowadays he wont use this way because he probably doesnt wants trouble with sega licenses.
    I guess trying to buying a part of the SDK(katana) from Sega license he would pay much more than he could win than a comercial DE DE game.

SAD.Sega should give it free in nowadays so any programer could have the oportunity to aproach Dreamcast with better titles.
    On the other hand i dont expect that thing from Sega.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Its not even possibale to asked sega for permission to publish a katana game (in the west anyway) has they don't have a department that deals with it anymore. Coders tried to ask sega a few years ago, but got nowhere (The gypsy, did get on the official developers list, in the early days, but then the department got closed down)

Sega can't release the katana to open source/ free because of legal reasons (it was used in the development of PS2 games etc) Also KOS is gear more to the open source community while, while katana would not.

DCEmu Regular

Its so confusing and embarasing.So please anser me i you know.

So i guess that neither Dux nor Under defeat are using KATANA SDK?

Also if that games are using katana how Sega let them be comercial?

What about Chaos field?It was made to use the Katana?It was a game which was suported by Sega.You could order it from Segas official japanese site.

KOS is better progaming games than the Katana?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Under Defeat and Chaos field where katana, (they are on GB-Rom discs) Dux, Last hope, Cool Herders, Feet of fury etc are KOS (on CD)

KOS does not support GD-Rom, only CD.

I have heard some say its easier to use KOS in some respects but I think that is if you come from a PC coding background, but KOS is missing features that Katana has, but I not a programmer.

What about Chaos field?It was made to use the Katana?It was a game which was suported by Sega.You could order it from Segas official japanese site.
    Yes, but it was only on Japan. The developers can't do that on Europe or America.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information