Thread: HD or not HD...?

DCEmu Newbie

Default HD or not HD...?

Hi Gang

I have ordered my Xbox 360 and can't wait. I do have one question though and wondered if you could help....

I have been watching numerous demos for Perfect Dark Zero and usually, for each clip, there will be a "HD" version. I have watched the videos and the games looks great, but is this in HD?! I don't own a HD set and don't plan to buy one for a few years (when they come down in price). I am worried that the games won't look like they do on these movies on a normal set.

It's not just Perfect dark, Project Gotham looks great too, but what do they look like on a normal TV?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Anything they displayed is most likely going to be on HD. That isnt to say it will look horrible on your non-HD tv.. It just wont look as crisp or sharp. Still i dont think thats any reason to hold you back from purchasing the machine.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for that. I will probably still get the mcahine as you say.

What games do you think are worth going for? I have pre order Perfect Dark with the machine, but I keep hearing bad comments about the game. It looks great on the trailers and love that kind of game....

couldnt you just hook up "the machine" to your computer monitor buy buying some VGA thing or what not... search ebay for RCA TO PC or something...

i beleive HD uses like 1000/800 resolution (i dont know the exact numbers)

i dunno, it will probably look "crisper" on a PC monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by AntWak
    Thanks for that. I will probably still get the mcahine as you say.

What games do you think are worth going for? I have pre order Perfect Dark with the machine, but I keep hearing bad comments about the game. It looks great on the trailers and love that kind of game....
    I really cant wait for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. However this game is not for everyone... If you liked Marrowinds youll probably like it. Marrowinds didnt have a story or a main quest... but it was damn fun. I think Oblivion is supposed to have a little bit more of an objective, but it still has the same VERY OPEN gameplay of the last one. I also think the World is actually supposed to be bigger than the last one... which actually might be a problem as the marrowinds was HUGE!

I am also a huge fan of the Unreal Engine. I'm looking forward to Gears of War and anything else Epic pulls out.

DCEmu Newbie

Mmm... Are those RPGs? I do like that sort of game, but only the ones with real time combat. I nevel could ge get used to turn based action.

Like everyone, I am waiting for Halo 3 too..... But although the second installment was a really good game, it wasn't as good as the first in my opinion. I know the online bit of Halo 2 was groundbreaking, it does gat tiesome after a while.

On another subject, what is all thisabout the 360 working with iPods and PSPs? I own both of thoses devices, does it mean that you can transfer files between them? Surely Apple and Sony won't be happy with that.

It also claims to work with Windows Media Centre. What is that? I have XP with media player, it that all it is?

Quote Originally Posted by AntWak
    Mmm... Are those RPGs? I do like that sort of game, but only the ones with real time combat. I nevel could ge get used to turn based action.

Like everyone, I am waiting for Halo 3 too..... But although the second installment was a really good game, it wasn't as good as the first in my opinion. I know the online bit of Halo 2 was groundbreaking, it does gat tiesome after a while.

On another subject, what is all thisabout the 360 working with iPods and PSPs? I own both of thoses devices, does it mean that you can transfer files between them? Surely Apple and Sony won't be happy with that.

It also claims to work with Windows Media Centre. What is that? I have XP with media player, it that all it is?
    I dont know much about XP media player. Il probably wait for some smart people to figure out how to boot linux on this machine.

If you like first person shooters you should like Gears of War. Epic games are famed for their Unreal Series (namely Unreal Tournament, UT2k3, UT2k4, Unreal and Unreal II. Unreal technology is respected as one of the finest FPS engines. It wouldnt not suprise me if Bungie used Unreal Engine for the next Halo actually.

theres a video demo at www.gearsofwar.com

does anyone know the official uk release date yet?

Thread Information