Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help plz!! cannot play any games on my PSP

Default Help plz!! cannot play any games on my PSP

So, here's the deal. Bought a PSP slim a year ago with 3.71 M33-2 already installed (well, that's how they're sold in many asain countries). Worked perfectly all this time.
    But suddenly, my games won't work. As a note, I keep games and music each on a memory stick. The music works fine, but whenever I load a game, it shows the main loading screen with the PSP logo and it stops there. I have tried waiting for over 30 minutes, it doesn't go past it. I cannot turn off or use the home button so the PSP is effectively frozen.
    Does anyone knows why this is happening?
    Oh, and I tried going to recovery mode, though I didn't know what to do in there, and when I pressed the exit button in recovery, it just showed at the bottom "exiting recovery" and gets stuck.

Everytime I turned off my PSP by taking off the battery.
    I know the memory stick is not at fault, I have tried it on another PSP with the same version and it worked no problem

Do games on UMD play OK?

DCEmu Newbie

How many, and what plugins are you using?

DCEmu Newbie

Has the same problem. Bought one with 3.71-M33 in Asia last week and it won't play any games, neither from mem. stick or UMD. It stops on the PSP-logo. It has been updated to 4.01 M33-2 but the problem remains. The sounds seems to be gone as well....... Have you solved it?

DCEmu Newbie

Try a different memory stick. I recently had a similar problem, and the MS turned out to be the culprit.

DCEmu Newbie

Tried different mem.sticks, but the problem remains. I have no plugins installed and hs now even tried original firmware with the same result. When trying to play from UMD I get the same result. It still hangs on the PSP-logo....

Run IDstorage Checker to see if your ID storage is corrupt, if so then run Despart Del Cementario version 7 and restore. (You probably can do it in IDstorage Checker)

Open UMD drive and unstick the brown tape, works a treat for some but not for others!

Brown Tape?

Wally

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having a very similar problem to this running 4.01 m33-2. Games do not load past the PSP Logo, also recovery menu freezes on Exiting when I try to exit.

Another symptom that I'm not sure if is related, if I put a UMD in the drive, it does not recognize at all (no UMD option appears in the Game menu).

Could the problem be caused by a bad UMD drive?

pt9087, when you say brown tape, do you mean the brown ribbon cable that connects the UMD to the PSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Run IDstorage Checker to see if your ID storage is corrupt
    Also, where can I find this IDstorage Checker you speak of? I tried googling it but came up empty.
    Last edited by pmeth; December 8th, 2008 at 02:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information