Thread: Need Advice: Should I get a Falcon (hackable) or a Jasper (non-hackable) ?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Need Advice: Should I get a Falcon (hackable) or a Jasper (non-hackable) ?

Hello Everyone! Hope everyone's doing good! OK, so I have this issue thats been on my mind for a few days now, and I would really like to get your advice ...

For the past few months, I have been planning to buy an Xbox 360 ... In specific, I have had my eye set on the Jasper Xbox 360, which I had been planning to buy when it comes out...

But now I'm hearing that Jasper comes with the new Liteon DVD Drives, which are un-hackable as of now ..

I on the other hand, want a hackable Xbox 360... I wont have really minded to wait for a few months for these Liteons to get hacked, but from what I hear, the new Liteons are complete unhackable .. That there is a significant possibility that there might never be a hack for these Liteon drives !

The problem with the Falcon's is that although the CPU is 65nm, the GPU (the main component which causes RROD) is still 90nm ... Although the rate of RROD occurring is a lot lesser for the Falcon series than its predecessors, its still there nonetheless ... Jasper would mostly probably have completely sealed off any possibility of any RRODs, with its 65nm CPU and GPU !

Keeping the above trade off in mind, what would you recommend ...

1) That I wait it out, and get a Jasper when a hack for its Liteon drives comes along (even if it does come along at all!!) ..
    2) Just buy a Falcon, and pray that nothing happens to it .. :P

Please help me out people, and thanx for your advice ...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

If it was me I would get the latest model now, and maybe pick up a old model (second) later as the get cheap (maybe get a cheap broken one, and fix it yourself), Because if you open its up your breaking the 3 year warranty. But if you really want to hack it at some stage, hoping that it gets hacked at some stage is not a great Idea.

Personally I love having 3 years warranty on my 360, don't have to worry about 3 red light, bar waiting a few weeks to get it replaced, beats forking out another £150+ for an new one or fixing it myself.

Shame it looks like homebrew is not going to take of on the xbox 360, and its taking MS an age to get XNA going properly

Thread Information