Thread: Lunar Dragon Song Review

Default Lunar Dragon Song Review

Ok So far I am about 2 hours into the game so I thought I would do things as I notice them.

First I am a huge Lunar Fan (This game actually brought me back from the PSP Side of the house). However I will try not to be to Bias.

First Graphics: 7.5-8.0/10
    So far they seem on par with Metroid Prime Hunters but not as nice as I would like them to be in battles... Castlevania has the Best graphics I have seen so far. (Hints what I am compairing it to besides Metroid). I would give it a 7.5-8.0 out of 10.
    They look crisp at times and blocky somewhat at others (Battles mainly).

Sound:
    Well theres to much in the game to judge this yet so for now, I am pleased with it.

Game Play:
    Ok so far... big changes.
    1) Battle setup has changed. You can either get items from battles or choose to get experiance. You can not get both. I have not gotten any money either from beating foes yet... not sure how to get to much more yet...

2) There is a clock and area setup. You can still see the bad guys but when experiance mode you are timed and shown how many bad guys there are (but not where they are). If you beat all of them in an area before the click goes all the way around you get 30% HP/MP restored and access to a Blue Chest with a special item in it. All and all this s not hard but you must be in experiance mode and you must beat them all. Every time the timer makes a full rotation one enemy reappears.

3) Lucia is again in this but not the same Lucia as I can tell so far... since thats on the box I do not feel it a spoiler but if this goes further I will add a spoiler alert.

4) You do not walk around in towns anymore... there are boxes for where you can go in town. The same goes for the map. you choose boxes for your next location.

5) Blowing in the mic makes you try to escape... right that second almost. It really upset me the first few battles because I ran my finger over the mic on accident. (LOL I thought I had gotten a bad DS since it was used lol).

6) You can use the styles to walk or the directional pad but movement reminds me of Dark Savior for DC. up, down, left, right some diag. Its just not smooth and gets stuck on things easy. Which is odd because the game area has many diag. So that can be annoying at times.

7) You can not select WHO you attack... you just attack one of the front two enemys. Odd... and the book tells you this as well so its not just me... I really do no like this.

So far I really like the game its just getting used to the changes. The odd experiance setup is taking some gettig used to and the lack of the ability to select who you attack is annoying at times to. I will hold off here until I find some major Boss fights to get into.

Over all... I really like the game ^-^. I look forward to seeing where it goes dispite the differences it has. So far I think the main idea and feeling of the Lunar games is being well kept and the Story so far makes me believe this is before the other Lunar Storys. (I almost forgot there is another race to, not just humans).

Good review. My sister was a fan of the original lunar game (the PSX game, not the old school saturn game of the same name). I bought her this and she said she liked it... but ever sinc she bought that demonic game "NINTENDOGS" she wont play it. I actually picked this game up and also Trace Memory (expect a review for that from me soon) and played it last night. I am quite sick of the turn based system, and the game dosnt have the open endness of the PSX and Saturn game, but over all I agree with Cross. Its one to pick up if ya gots the bucks.

^-^ Thanks I am glad I am close to being head on with it. I have been playing it some each day, trying to not put Castlevania back in as I know it will take over if I do.

Sorry for the delay but I am a daddy now!! lol So I have not had as much time to play as I wanted but I have gotten very used to the game play and I have many things figured out.

I maintain this is a great RPG so far and I have done very little but try and get items and equipment like I always do lol (Gotta have the best!!!).

I am really enjoying the time I do find to play!

Acorn Electron User

Congratulations on your new found fatherhood! Guess you've got a new handheld in your life now.

And talk about sound and rumble features!!! And the AI is great!!!!

congrats cross, I am awaiting my second, so i know how precious your time is, well done mate

LOL yes and he is a hand full... well he was not he is two hands full

Eitherway I am TRYING to stay around but its def hard ^-^

Thread Information