Thread: FCEUX 2.0.0 released

retro FCEUX 2.0.0 released

New version of the NES emulator for PC.

Changelog:

FCEUX is a cross platform, NTSC and PAL Famicom/NES emulator that is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator. Over time FCE Ultra had separated into many separate branches.

The concept behind FCEUX is to merge elements from FCE Ultra, FCEU rerecording, FCEUXD, FCEUXDSP, and FCEU-mm into a single branch of FCEU. As the X implies, it is an all-encompassing FCEU emulator that gives the best of all worlds for the general player, the ROM-hacking community, and the Tool-Assisted Speedrun Community.

We are particularly excited by the Lua scripting capabilities which have been ported over from FCEU rerecording and prepped for further development. In order to use Lua in the windows build you will need the luapack [fceux.com/luapack] which should be unzipped alongside your fceux.exe. The large numbers of dlls wasn't our choice; but it will enable the iup user interface library which will permit scripts to create their own guis, as well as rendering the base fceux distribution more compact. Examples of lua scripts may be found in the subversion repository here

FCE Ultra is BACK! Today, version 2.0.0 has been released as the new software FCEUX.

All users of FCE Ultra are encouraged to switch to FCEUX and bug us if something isn't working well.

Head to the download page to grab the most recent windows binary or portable source code.

This is great and all, but I have no problems with my PC NES emulator, I want to know when a new version of the Wii NES emulator will appear as the current one is kinda buggy.

Check the Wii section for that.

I have the latest version, I think, it's still buggy.

It's great and all the PC version was updated and they were all combined, but over all I'm not sure if it was completely necessary.

Thread Information