Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Nieko's GetRoute php is not working...

                  
   
  1. #1
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Nieko's GetRoute php is not working...

    Everytime I try to download a route from getroute.nieko.net the following appears in the
    _@whatever_route file the scripts generates:

    Code:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/nieko.net/htdocs/tools/getroute.php on line 74
    # !WAYPOINT # !IMAGE:circle.png,
    No route is downloaded. It seems strange, a few weeks ago it used to work fine...

    Any idea about what's going on here?

  2. #2
    DCEmu Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Google apparently changed Google Maps, I'm not sure when I'll have time to take a look at it, cause I'm currently in the process of moving+working.

  3. #3
    DCEmu Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    On second thought, it seems to work just fine here. For which addresses is it not working?

  4. #4
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    On second thought, it seems to work just fine here. For which addresses is it not working?
    ---Spain is just what I've tried, which is what I use, mostly. Getroute seems to be unable to extract absolutely any address file. Keeps constantly generating .html files w/ the above message I posted.

    Hope there is a solution. I rely on it **very heavily** to program my PSP GPS.

    Please let us know. Regards...

  5. #5
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juanjavier View Post
    ---Spain is just what I've tried, which is what I use, mostly.

    Seems that Mexico (route between two streets in Tijuana), Canada (Montreal and Ottawa tested) and Europe (from Paseo de la Castellana in Madrid, Spain; to Via Alberico II in Roma, Italia) do not work as well.

    Easily said, only USA seems to work.

  6. #6
    DCEmu Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    And the Netherlands The problem is most likely with diacritical marks, the XML parser doesn't like them anymore... I'll see what I can do.

  7. #7
    DCEmu Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    OK, so Google thought it'd be a fun idea to send partially HTML encoded data to PHP, Lynx, wget etc. No wonder PHP doesn't like it. In Opera it sends UTF-8 though...

  8. #8
    DCEmu Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Well then, I got wget to ask for UTF-8 data, and it should work again...

  9. #9
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    Well then, I got wget to ask for UTF-8 data, and it should work again...
    I gave it a try in the town where I live, near Madrid...it seems to work again.

    You are great. Will keep on testing, keep you informed if anything else fails...

    GetRoute is a pretty cool thing...love it.

    Regards,

    Juan.
    Madrid, Spain.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •