Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories On Firmware V2.00

guess i should block that person that told me it worked then :P

never even knew you could do it have you tried a google search?

Quote Originally Posted by vincesecuricor2005
    it is really eating me up though, which too choose?
    You aren't choosing anything. You can do both. When are you gonna grasp that concept?

the thing is somedays i work very far from home and the train journey can be up to two and a half hours each way so i wanna play gta but then on the way back i might fancy a game of outrun or mario or sonic or donkey kong or monkey island or sqaurez or doom.......... the list is endless but i cant downgrade on the train cos i wont have the a.c. adaptor with me im not trying to be ignorant but NOW do you get my point fella

DCEmu Newbie

Default Heres my take

Heres my take, GTA will probably eventually work with 1.5 for 1 reason.

UMD Emulator 0.8 provides flash0 and flash1 emulation, which means it can run UMD's, (yes UMD's as easily done when messing with the emulators) through its flash emulation and not the PSP's emulation, all that is needed is the flash0 and flash1 to setup the firmware to run. They have given us the 2.0 eboot, and the gta is encrypted with it, its only a matter of time before someone combines them. Im guessing with the next umd emulator, firmware booting might be a possibility, since its all running through the emulator. Hopefully, it wont require a byte-by-byte type of running. Either way, update to 2.0 from psphacks.com, then use the sxt downgrader and go back, easy. Its not like we have no possibilitys, people are just complaining for lack of ease.

Hell if you have 2 memorycards, you wont even need a computer to transfer files. just 1 to update to 2.00, and one with the downgrader and 1.5, geez people, the sxt one doesnt even use direct flash0 access, so it wont brick.

ok sorry lets hope its soon though ey

DCEmu Rookie

pepsolman:

Download Golden Wave, and the atrac codec. Rip any song you want and save it as an ATRAC3 file. It'll save it as a wav file, so change the extension to *.at3. Now just replace the game's at3's with the ones you made. I'm not sure if it'll work with games since I've only tried this with the emulator icons and they work fine.

i have HIGH hops for this game because when rockman dash came out and all these updates came outwe thought oh no were screwed now! It took rockman dash a bit of time to get cracked along with Death Jr and we had to wait for the version changer. Yoshiro is working on the firmware launcher to launch the firmwares on our psp 1.5 (not an upgrade!!) because i think sonyxteam sees that these version changers are not going to always work. Lucky for me i have 2 psp's and i upgraded one and im gonna keep that one at 2.00 UNTIL a crack is found for this game. I was going to give my other psp to my bro but i might not now be patient everyone. Sony is a MAJOR corporation there not stupid. I guarantee you they predict our moves before we predict theres we just can work around them so just BE patient it is hard and i got anxious the night i bought it and it didnt run but im ok because i have 2 psp's i feel sorry for those of you that do not. . .but DONT upgrade! its still a risk downgrading your psps!!! you can brick it! dont do it everyday of your life just so you can play gta because in the end if you brick it you will be pist

The custom soundtracks are availible after you beat a certain mission, from what i hear it isnt too far into the game.

mmmmmmmmm..... 2.0 required GTA... ahh sony, you have a mighty weapon at hand. but! we have the Eboot loader! mwahahaha! Fire your mega-hype-cannon all you wish, you're only making the coders more determined to create exploits in your firmware!

But really, this is only going to push exploits like the Eboot loader and firmware loader further along. I really think the best thing to do, would be for sony to review homebrew applications, and then digitally sign the Eboots if it finds it to be acceptible. while this may rule out allot of the emus probably, we'd still have allot of kickass games to play (Noiz2sa anyone?).
    anyway, I refuse to upgrade untill an exploit is created to launch unsigned code from the memory stick, i love my classic games on-the-go to much. This one's to you coders. *holds champaign glass up high* cheers...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information