Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GTA and other Game FORCED Firmware Upgrades

Question GTA and other Game FORCED Firmware Upgrades

From what I've read in other places 'Grand Theft Auto - Liberty Stories' not only asks you to upgrade the firmware ,the game actually was build on it. This means it needs elements that are upgraded in the 2.0 Firmware in order to run. Mainly some kind of video/movie processing I think. This would mean that any way of "tricking" the game into running, like SXT Version Changer won't work. So my question is:

If you have the 2.0 Firmware and run the Downgrader, are you actually going back to the 1.5? Or will a PSP that has been at 2.0 and run the dowgrade now be able to run SXT Version Changer to run games like GTA and still be able to run homebrew?

it's a full 1.5, so no GTA

The game boot/load files were encrypted using 2.0. The video codecs used in the game itself are the same codecs as used in 1.5. That has been proven by others who slapped them into an SSX ISO and were able to view them there on a 1.5 PSP.

Cool

So the possiblity does exist that it can be fooled into working on a 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    So the possiblity does exist that it can be fooled into working on a 1.5?
    In a word? No.

Now, if somehow you were able to get ahold of both the GTA LCS source code AND the official Sony PSP SDK, then you could recompile it using the 1.5 encryption and THEN it would load just like any other ISO game.

DCEmu Rookie

what i think someone should do is make a homebrew fiel that is needed for the GTA, i think its the video format or somthing, but just make that folder as just the same as it is for the v2.0 and make it be detected by the game so it will play the danm video format. i think the next 2.0 eboot will have alo more emus on it, plus it soon will have full functionality, plus i hope that gba emu coems out with version 1.2

DCEmu Newbie

If they come out with that thing that lets you emu 2.0 on 1.5 then we would have no worrys,

Does anyone know if this is going to ge the case with Star Wars Battlefront II? And games in general for that matter?

DCEmu Newbie

I would err on the side of yes. Most likely Sony see's how helpless we are with LCS, and they now figure that as long as they make all new games like this, they can get rid of all piracy.

i dont think so, because when the people is able to hack it, then it is no problem when they make all the new games like lcs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information