...must be a quake (or 3) on the way!
It goes something like this, I sent a preview beta to a few people at the weekend and so far have had 0 (yep none) major issues reported. This could just mean that no one's tested it yet but I know that's not the case.
So, things are looking on target for the release date I have in mind. In fact there are only a very few things left to be done.

I'd like it if everyone kept in mind that the first release will be very much a beta, the main emphasis has been on getting the main game of Quake 3: Arena to work. Meaning that I can't say for sure what mods etc will work or how well they might work.
I also hope that the results of the project are not a disappointment to some people, it's been (and is) a solo effort with me devoting as much times as I can spare to it.

Let the countdowns begin...

UPDATE: The question has been asked - is this going to be released as a whole game package or just an xbox executable?
The answer to that is - it's not going to be a whole game package (it's not just an xbe either mind)
You will need the data files from the pc version of Quake 3, you will also need to have the v1.32 point release updates. Also if you have any intentions of trying to play online you will also need a valid Quake 3 cd key.
So if you want to play it and don't have the necessary data files etc, you might want to nip out and see if you can find a copy of Quake 3 for the pc to buy!

http://carcharius.xbox-scene.com/