Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS on why FFXIII is coming to 360

xbox 360 MS on why FFXIII is coming to 360

via Eurogamer

Microsoft marketeer Albert Pennello has claimed Xbox 360 sales were the pivotal factor in bringing Final Fantasy XIII to the console - not any funny goings-on behind the scenes.

"I think the most obvious reason that [Square Enix] made the announcement is just looking at the success of our console. I mean, we're the leading console on a worldwide basis, we're more than double the install base on the US," Pennello told MundoRare (spotted by VG247) .

"I think it's easy to assume that something is going on behind the scenes, I think the more obvious answer is we're doing really well and the game creators want their games to be where the most people and the most consoles [are], and right now that's the Xbox 360."

Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 during the Microsoft press conference at E3. Rumours suggest the platform holder had to pay for Square Enix to breach the exclusivity contract with Sony.

Final Fantasy XIII will remain a PS3 exclusive in Japan, and is yet to be dated for the West. Game director Motomu Toryiama said his team had not begun work on the Xbox 360 version yet, which could hold up the PS3 version in the West, as Square has committed to a simultaneous platform launch.

Of course, Xbox 360 is doing better and better worldwide. I think the 360 will finish second in this generation, behind the Wii.
    The 360 is getting a lot of titles which were exclusives on the PS3 before.

360 is only doing well because it was released first and is easier to develop for. 360 will be held back by the DVD disc, FFXIII included it is going to need some heavy compression or is going to require several disc like the PS1 Final Fantasies, or possibly both. PS3 has done pretty well for having a year late start and such an high price tag, but it is the better box spec wise. It will probably end up in second.

Not to be a big M$ hater, but it's pretty much what happened and what will happen.

DCEmu Newbie

i have a feeling it's going tobe a 4-6 disc game on the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Of course, Xbox 360 is doing better and better worldwide. I think the 360 will finish second in this generation, behind the Wii.
    The 360 is getting a lot of titles which were exclusives on the PS3 before.
    Is that why PS3 has been outselling 360 in North America, Europe, and Japan for a year now?
    If it didnt have that year start, it wouldve already been behind PS3! :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    Is that why PS3 has been outselling 360 in North America, Europe, and Japan for a year now?
    If it didnt have that year start, it wouldve already been behind PS3! :rofl:
    Don't quite know about that....

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Europe yeah. The 360 is gaining a lead of PS3 Japan in spurts, and I can almost promise you a head over PS3 in Japan this week due to Tales of Vesperia (considering bundles have sold 10,000+ alone...) In NA 360 is beating PS3, though maybe not for very long. Also, the 360 had about a 5-6 mil head start, and really, the gap doesn't seemed to have closed much.

Of course, the price cut in September that makes the Arcade 360 unit $199 if expected to boost 360 sales significantly. Whatever, we'll see.

NOTE: VGChartz isn't exactly the best source, but they seem to know they're stuff pretty well.

That's where I went to check sales Shadowblind.
    I dont know who's gonna do better in the US, it looks like they both outsell each other for small periods of time.
    PS3 is only about 5 million behind 360 now anyway.
    But whatever, I like them both. Just hate the 360s (former) hardware problems.

Either way, im glad this game is coming to 360 due to the fact that I dont have a PS3 at the moment. However if i had a PS3 id buy it on there just because of the fact that the playstation has had a huge history with the FF series, along with nintendo. And also because of the fact that I want "Versus"...haha :P

360 suck anyways cause of hardware problems ill buy for ps3 no matter what...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information