Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - PSP (US)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Star Wars Battlefront 2 - PSP (US)

News from Lik Sang

Who knows how many different games have been set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but of them all, Star Wars Battlefront was the #1 best selling title of all time. Now the sequel is here on PSP, and whether you want to fly a TIE Fighter, play as Boba Fett, slaughter Gungans, or just about anything else, this title has it all. Across 13 maps, some of which come from Episode III, the gameplay could be described as similar to EA's Battlefield 2, but set in the rich universe of Star Wars. There's three single player modes, from Instant Action, which is just what handheld owners need sometimes, to Galactic Conquest, the campaign mode which takes place in either the Clone Wars or Galactic Civil War era, or Challenges mode as either an Imperial Enforcer, a Rebel Raider, or a Rogue Assassin.

Imperial Enforcer turns you onto the dark side, sending you to planets like Naboo to massacre the Gungans, or to the Wookies home planet Kashyyyk, and has you come back with ships full of brand new fur coats Playing as a Rebel Raider is similar to capture the flag, but having you locate fallen comrades, contraband and other goodies, then take it to your check point, and takes place both on land and in space. Finally Rogue Assassin challenges you to locate your target, snipe them, and then get out of there so you live to do it again another day. In addition to regular deathmatch and more, Star Wars Battlefront 2 also supports up to four players cooperatively or competitively over Ad-Hoc wireless. As you'd expect from Star Wars, all the vehicles and famous faces you love are here and playable, and in stock this week, the force is exceedingly strong with this one!

I'm still puzzled as to why there is no Infrastructure online play for this game.

er any uk release date?

4th November 2005

qaulity

this looks like a wicked game, anyone know if u can play it and still use versi0n changer, eboot l0ader or something to play hb? or is it like gta and u have to upgrade to 2.xxx

in other words, has anyone figured out how to play this and/or gta and still keep hb/emus on their psp? is there a way to do it all?

if not, i think i might have to buy a new psp..shame to have to upgrade and lose all the cool hb stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by chronoswing
    I'm still puzzled as to why there is no Infrastructure online play for this game.
    Same here. I mean, they've had the same dev kits as the SOCOM team has.
    I guess they are just "lazy" and didn't want to implement the servers and everything that goes into them (upkeep, patching, keeping them staffed) or their "engine" can't handle it.

DCEmu Newbie

I heard there was a multiplayer mode, but a US Star Wars can't play together with a EU Star Wars, right?!

As far for the version, I'd like to know it too! I was planning to gonna buy it tomorrow so....

DCEmu Newbie

I'd be tempted to buy this if it wasnt for the analogue stick situation.

Bought the PS2 version last week... hasnt been out of the tray yet

i believe its unlike gta
    i think it requires 1.52/2.00 or whatever version, but not to the extent of gta and can easily be bypassed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information