Thread: Hopefully not a stupid question! X3

Default Hopefully not a stupid question! X3

So long story short....I've been playing the GBA Pokemon games on my PSP via emulator(obviously! lol) now im going to pick up a DS. What i am wanting to do is find a way to transfer my monsters from the GBA ROM save game to my legit copy of Pokemon Perl...I'm pretty sure that just a blank GBA cart would work, but i would also like to be able to run the homebrew app. "Colors"

Any advice would be awesome! Thnx
    Last edited by LittleMushu; August 10th, 2008 at 21:40.

...anybody? >_> <_<

I don't think what you want is possible. The only way to transfer Pokemon to an official DS cart is with an official GBA cart. If you bought a slot-2 device and an official GBA Pokemon game you could use the cart_save program to put the save file on the official cart for transfer to Pearl, but that's the only way I can think to do it.

Thnx for replying! :3

Would you know where i could pick up one of these magical slot-2 devices + The programing needed to perform such services?

:3

Mostly online. DealExtreme has a few you can check out. Really, since you'd only be using it for transferring a save file to an official GBA cartridge, even the cheap $10 one should work in theory, though I'd have to guide you through the creation of an FCSR virtual filesystem in order to get it to work.

However, if you want to run other DS homebrew as well, you'd want to get something a bit more full-fledged. You could either get a slot-1 device and use Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool to copy your save file to the GBA cart or you could get a slot-2 device and use cart_save to transfer the save file. Of these two options, the slot-1 device would be easier. Plus, if you got a slot-2 device you'd have to buy an additional slot-1 NoPass device in order to boot it into DS mode.

So basically, what you should be looking into would be the CycloDS Evolution, Supercard DS, EDGE, and Acekard II for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Mostly online. DealExtreme has a few you can check out. Really, since you'd only be using it for transferring a save file to an official GBA cartridge, even the cheap $10 one should work in theory, though I'd have to guide you through the creation of an FCSR virtual filesystem in order to get it to work.

However, if you want to run other DS homebrew as well, you'd want to get something a bit more full-fledged. You could either get a slot-1 device and use Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool to copy your save file to the GBA cart or you could get a slot-2 device and use cart_save to transfer the save file. Of these two options, the slot-1 device would be easier. Plus, if you got a slot-2 device you'd have to buy an additional slot-1 NoPass device in order to boot it into DS mode.

So basically, what you should be looking into would be the CycloDS Evolution, Supercard DS, EDGE, and Acekard II for the most part.
    Ok thank you! I will most likely be picking up a DS with my bonus check this month! I'll look into what you suggested and post the results!

Thnx again!

Thread Information