Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDL for the Nintendo DS

As I said, I'm gona have a look at the code, but, I think itś a bit out of my sight. I would like to port my others Dc ports to Ds, but one thing that dislikes me is the 4 mb of Ram,

DCEmu Newbie

My idea is that we can port some of gp32 sdl or gp2x sdl to NDS, if we do that we can have the same scene, somebody have idea to do that. The idea is to have better video player, or more homebrew. Bye.

DCEmu Newbie

Just trying to make a really simple MJPEG player port thats basd on SDL. However, it keeps throwing :

c:/devkitPro/msys/home/Troy.Davis/prj/SDL/source/joystick/nds/SDL_sysjoystick.c:48: undefined reference to `keysInit'

at me... which doesn't make much sense...

newer version of the libnds dont use that function anymore, just go ahead and comment out the line and recompile the SDL lib. or use an old version of libnds

Ill try to update the lib for the future next time i get a chance.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

I just cut the code out to get it working, thanks...

I've been working on adding file support (RWOps or whatever its called). I *thought* it would be a simple case of changing all fopen, fread, fseek and fclose to the FAT_ versions. It all compiles (apart from one line I had to comment out, but that was an error check so thought it didn't matter) and works... but I *think* its not reading any data. Its not like I'm an expert coder or anything

If it is just a case of changing those commands and I've just done something wrong, maybe you could see your way to doing it? Took me 10 minutes to change them... but wouldn't know if I'd screwed something up.

If your busy I understand Just would be nice to see a complete SDL port sometime soon... would make port stuff even easier than it already is ^_^

would be glad to help out and take a look at the code, send me a PM with a link to your source and ill look at it or stop by #dcemu and #mellowdsdev, I'm usually at least idling there and will get your message. Unfortunetly I don't have a gbamp or flashcard so I can't test on hardware and im not familiar with the FAT_ libraries yet. One of these days Ill setup a donation site so someone can send me a card/money for one

Troy(GPF)

Default SDL-1.2.9 coming soon

with the help of parrot on #dsdev, He's has merged the existing code into the SDL 1.2.9 branch and I wrote a new Makefile and fixed a couple things.

I will release soon, its has the same functionallity still, but lib seems smaller.

Was looking through some other OS ports of SDL's existing code and there may be a way of using interupts to play audio instead of needing a threading library on the ds , just is going to take some time to figure that out.

Troy(GPF)

Hi,

I downloaded the precompiled files and the examples. What does this strange warning mean?

# make
    rectmain.c
    linking rectSDL.elf
    /opt/local/devkitpro/devkitARM/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.0.2/../../../../arm-elf/lib/thumb/interwork/libg.a(signalr.o): In function `_kill_r':
    : warning:
    built ... rectSDL.arm9
    Nintendo DS rom tool 1.24 - Oct 27 2005 12:18:42 by Rafael Vuijk (aka DarkFader)
    built ... rectSDL.nds
    dsbuild 1.21 - Oct 27 2005
    using default loader
    built ... rectSDL.ds.gba

When I try to run the examples on my NDS, I get as far as "NDS_SetVideoMode Setting mode to ..." and it freezes at that point.

Thanks,

the newest version of devkitpro R18 doesnt seem to work with SDL lib. I have downgraded back to R17 for now so I can continue working.

some things I tried that at least got stuff compiled and maybe working I don't remember now
    add -DNO_SIGNAL_H to your SDL lib makefile and
    comment out this line
    fprintf(stderr,"Setting mode %dx%d (ndsmode %d)\n", width, height,this->hidden->ndsmode);

in SDL_ndsvideo.c and rebuild the library.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

Cool

Are these changes merged into SDL source tree? I've downloaded and compiled SDL 1.2.13, but I don't know how updated that code is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information