Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SDL for the Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Default Download error

Hi
    I tried to download SDL libs but the archive is corrupt.
    Is there another mirror?

I got CRC check error on libfreetype.a, libjpeg.a and libSDL_gfx.a.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Hi
    I tried to download SDL libs but the archive is corrupt.
    Is there another mirror?

I got CRC check error on libfreetype.a, libjpeg.a and libSDL_gfx.a.
    So I had to build everything by myself

But everything was fine except this error:
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c: In function 'NDS_VideoInit':
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:172: warning: implicit declaration of function 'powerON'
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:199: error: 'SUB_BG0_CR' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:199: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:199: error: for each function it appears in.)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:218: warning: implicit declaration of function 'consoleInitDefault'
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c: In function 'NDS_SetVideoMode':
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:249: error: 'BG3_CR' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:250: error: 'BG3_XDX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:251: error: 'BG3_XDY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:252: error: 'BG3_YDX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:253: error: 'BG3_YDY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:254: error: 'BG3_CX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:255: error: 'BG3_CY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:263: error: 'BG2_CR' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:264: error: 'BG2_XDX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:265: error: 'BG2_XDY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:266: error: 'BG2_YDX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:267: error: 'BG2_YDY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c: In function 'NDS_FlipHWSurface':
    d:/uniza/nds/SDL/source/video/nds/SDL_ndsvideo.c:377: error: 'DISP_Y' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[1]: *** [SDL_ndsvideo.o] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2
    I solved it by adding

#include "D:\uniza\devkitPro\libnds\include\nds\registers_alt.h"

to the

D:\uniza\nds\SDL\source\video\nds\SDL_ndsvideo.c

But dunno whether it is correct, maybe someone should check it.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your contribution with the SDL port. I am doing my final university project and I want to port a game made with SDL to the Nintendo DS. The problem is that this game uses the SDL_Net functionality and I think it hasn't be ported yet. I'm thinking in porting it myself, but I wanted to know if you or someone else was still interested it his project before start, or if someone knows if it has be ported somewhere else. Thank you everyone for your help.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello.

I am interested in porting a project of mine (a megaman like game engine) to Nintendo DS. As it uses SDL, I've tried to use libnds+SDL, but it fails with errors in linker error pointing that libSDL.a have no PowerON (even using the tip above). Seems like libnds 1.3 and SDL are not compatible.
    (this is on linux)

So, my question is, does anyone here have a compelte libnds+SDL enviroenment?
    Can you please provide me what versions of the packages are you using?
    Or maybe you can create a big zip and provide me with it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information