Thread: NervOS 2.1 Released

Blog Entries

psp NervOS 2.1 Released

pirato nervo has releaseda new version of his excellent shell for the PSP, heres whats new:

This version has 105 new/changed features (NOT 105 NEW FEATURES)
    For this version I created my own file format which is .upt. It is used by the network updater to know the information about the latest update which is hosted in consoleworld.net's server.

The file is created by a program I made for ubuntu, I may release it one day with source code. it uses GTK+ 2.0

Here's the change log for this version:
    * Recovery: Added flash1 mounting
    * Recovery: Added configuration backup tool
    * Recovery: Added configuration restorer tool
    * Recovery: Added themes backup tool
    * Recovery: Added themes restorer tool
    * Recovery: Added documents backup tool
    * Recovery: Added documents restorer tool
    * Recovery: Added NervOS backup tool
    * Recovery: Added NervOS restorer tool
    * Recovery: Added Erase Backups option
    * Recovery: Added the ability to start the Installer by pressing the R button
    * Recovery: Added "Press X to start or O to cancel" question to re-create configuration
    * Recovery: Added "Press X to start or O to cancel" question to "Fix Automatically"
    * Added Circular GUI
    * Added another GUI
    * Added USB Mounting window which allows you to mount MS, FLASH0, FLASH1, FLASH2, FLASH3 amd UMD.
    * USBHostFS: Fixed 2 bugs
    * Improved extension checker and fixed some bugs regarding extensions.
    * Music Player: you can press L&R to skip songs (it reads the songs from MUSIC and PSP/MUSIC)
    * Picture Viewer: you can press L&R to skip pictures (it reads the images from PICTURE and PSP/PHOTO)
    * Picture Viewer: Added Information Window (press Start), it shows the file name, file size, image size(width*height) and modification date
    * Picture Viewer: Added slide show
    * Picture Viewer: shows current picture/total pictures on the top of the screen
    * Added Task Bar
    * Task Manager: Fixed 2 bugs and simplified code
    * Added a real music player which shows album name, music title, album picture (same name as the album name .jpg or .png)
    * Music Player: Added Information Window (press Start), it shows the file name, file size and modification date
    * Music Player: Added Shuffle
    * Added click sound
    * Added boot sound
    * Added switch sound
    * Added shut down sound
    * You can customize the splash screen from now on. If splashscreen.png exists inside the theme folder, it uses that one.
    * Added splash.txt to themename/info (it contains a message to be displayed over the splashscreen.png)
    * Added ISO Browser
    * Added Homebrew Browser
    * USBHostFS: Added ISO support (with UMD inside)
    * Added bridge.pbp and patchexit_driver.prx (this is used to patch sceKernelExitGame to return to NervOS after running a homebrew, iso, psx or umd)
    * Changed nosautoboot.prx, it has a screen now. (there are 2 autoboot prx, just read the readme inside system/extra_autoboot)
    * Added Welcome Screen
    * Added Good Bye screen
    * Added user image which is displayed on Welcome Screen
    * Control Panel: Added system information option
    * Control Panel: Added launch recovery option
    * Control Panel: Removed PSX Launcher option
    * Added PSX Icon under applications
    * Added System Information
    * NervOS Installer: asks you if you want to backup your documents when uninstalling
    * NervOS Installer: Added patch feature, so it patches only the files you want to update
    * Fixed lots of memory issues
    * Theme Browser: Shows preview.png if it exists inside the current highlighted theme folder
    * Theme Browser: Press start to view theme information
    * Theme Browser: Added theme.txt to themename/info/theme.txt which has the Author information, theme name information and theme version
    * NervOS Configurator: Added GUI type (so you can swtich between the 3 available GUI's)
    * NervOS Configurator: Added scrollbar
    * NervOS Configurator: Changed "Login Editor" to "Login Settings"
    * NervOS Configurator: Added Random Theme option so you can turn it on or off while in NervOS
    * NervOS Configurator: Added Media Engine option, lets you turn it on or off
    * NervOS Configurator: Added "NervOS Sounds" option.(you can turn them on or off)
    * NervOS Configurator: Added "Sounds while playing music" option. Yes or No.
    * Added theme randomizer at startup.
    * Music Player: Uses Media Engine (if you want) which makes it faster with no lag.
    * Music Player: Added wav(uses pgeWav lib by IWN, I only added 3 functions) aa3 and flac streaming support (aa3, flac, mp3 and ogg uses sakya's code(PROPS TO HIM) I added the ability to change the sound (when ME is enabled)))
    * NervOS Configurator: Added "User Image" option. The user image MUST be inside the documents folder (can be .jpg or .png)
    * File Browser: fixed 2 bug
    * File Browser: Added "root" screen which shows 3 options to browse: ms, flash0 and flash1
    * File Browser: You can now browse flash0
    * File Browser: You can now browse flash1
    * File Browser: Changed the highlight type (from arrow to a different text colour)
    * Text Editor: fixed 2 bugs
    * Text Editor: Changed the keyboard to QWERTY
    * You can take screenshots from anywhere inside NervOS as the "check SELECT" function is run in a separated thread.
    * Fixed alpha of reset icon.
    * Task Manager and Task Bar: Improved the way the pictures are "minimized"
    * Tasks: /\ is now used to "Minimize"
    * Fixed bug regarding the configuration files
    * Added new config setting: GUI type
    * Added new config setting: Random Theme at startup
    * Added new config setting: Use media engine
    * Added new config setting: Sounds while playing music
    * Picture Viewer: Fixed 1 bug
    * File Browser: Changed window (when you press start), it shows 2 options now: "File/Folder Information" and "Tools"
    * File Browser: Added information window
    * File Browser: Tools window works like the control panel window
    * File Browser: Now when you are copying a file, it shows Paste file instead of Copy file. If you are not copying a file it shows Copy file (the same happens for moving file)
    * Theme List: Themes are sorted alphabetically now
    * Theme List: shows current theme/total themes under window title.«
    * Text Editor: if you press RIGHT at the end of the line it skips the next line. It only worked with the LEFT button
    * Recovery: fix automatically searches for new images and sounds too (not fonts as it was causing problems)
    * Recovery: fixed one bug
    * Recovery: if you press O it does not exit anymore (only from the log in part), there was no need for it as you have an exit option.
    * If an image or sound does not exist, NervOS asks you if you want to use the one from the Original theme or if you prefer to launch the recovery.
    * NervOS Installer: If you press O it does not exit anymore
    * Added an extra nosautoboot.prx which can be found in system/extra_autoboot
    * Fixed bug regarding the clock
    * NervOS Installer: added new background
    * Fixed a bug when viewing an ISO (it was not displaying its ICON0)
    * Improved ICON0 loading
    * Task Manager/Task Bar: You can now "continue" (Press X) your music player process
    * NervOS Installer: Added Network Updater
    * Changed the original theme (thanks CO_ol)
    * Unpacker (only unzips for now)
    * Control Panel: Added option which launches Unpacker.
    * File Browser: if you select a .zip file, it opens the unpacker
    * Fixed a bug which can be found when taking screenshots (more than 15)

You can understand now, why it took me almost 2 months to finish this.

The readme was re-written ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT EXPLAIN EVERYTHING. The wiki has more information than the readme, keep that in mind.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

any screenshots ?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi I installed this on my Slim PSP with the latest M33 update and when I launch it and enter my username and password it says:
    "Error setting up USB drivers
    You may not be able to use USB Mode."
    Anyone know how to fix this as I cant access my USB mode or use USBHostFS while this problem occurs.

It's pretty good. I must say I had some issues with it earlier in its development stages but now it has vastly improved for the better! Although I noticed a few things that could use improving. Features that would be neat: enabling pause/play to be combined, seek in music, larger image support(hope its possible, not sure how much RAM NervOS uses). And bugs that could be fixed: when you lower the volume via PSP buttons, the volume slider is stationary. Also, a way of knowing the volume level(via percentage and/or having a background bar so you can see it fill up or go empty). On file browser, would be nice that when you hold up or down, it moves fast instead of having a delay of 1.5 seconds, and moving a tad slow. Also, would be neat to move up and be able to go to the bottom of the list(like some sort of infinite wheel[i wish the real PSP shell had this feature])

Otherwise I like this very much, but I'm sorry to say that I'll have to wait a bit longer until I use as a complete shell replacement. Btw, this was tested using 4.01 M33-2

For screenshots, see here.

i like it

the zip was corrupted when I downloaded it.
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

Man, I wish It would work better for me. I mean it starts, and all, but the problem is that when i select the second homebrew Item, it freezes!

Thread Information