Thread: Sega of America interview

Blog Entries

Dreamcast Sega of America interview

News via insert credit:

I finally got to talk to the newest head of SoA, and the discussion was very interesting. I've long been of the mind that Sega is transforming into a company not at all like the old Sega, but a company for good games, at the least. There's a much higher focus on quality coming out of the third party titles Sega publishes (Condemned, Universe at War, Total War). The idea to partner with BioWar was certainly interesting, and Sonic Unleashed actually looks pretty enjoyable. Then there's the Platinum Games deal, with MadWorld, Infinite Line, Bayonetta (well, I don't actually care about that one), and the unannounced Mikami game.

Sega president Simon Jeffery is very honest about pretty much everything in this interview - saying he'd prefer for Sega not to be known as the Sonic company, and stating, definitively, that the company will not be making another console. There's also the fact that Yu Suziki is no longer a direct Sega employee, which I was not aware of. Sega is much more American-led now, which is not surprising when you look at these figures - specifically this sentence: "Overall the company reported 6,890,000 unit sales of software during the quarter, of which 3,160,000 units were in U.S., 2,890,000 in Europe and 830,000 units in Japan." Japan consumers have basically all but given up on Sega! All the company's success comes from the West. So if you want to see what the next era of Sega will be about, this interview might be good to read!

http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/002484.html

I miss the old SEGA myself.

DCEmu Regular

what they try to cange.All i hear since the dreamcast failed production we will be a better company with the coolest games worlwide.

Why they arent them selfs?The old 100%sega.I really missed the Dreamcast days.

SEGA STOP PREDENTING

Yeah, ever since 2003/2004-ish, it seems that Sega has given up on making good games.
    And I agree with Cast128dreams. Sega always brag about their upcoming games, then they get mediocre or really bad scores.

Don't buy their games and they will make good games again.

I'd say I liked it alot better when sega was more japanese. these so called upcoming quality titles turn out to be crap probable 75% of the time. In the DC era I liked almost 100% of their games. I think sega need more input from Yu Suziki, practically every one of his games was solid gold. I think the reason why shenmue lost sega so much money was due to piracy issues, I'm sure there may of still been loss on the game but nothing like it turned out to be. If 40% the people played a pirated copy of the game instead of an origional, losses become quite alot higher.

Thread Information