Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SMS V0.5 (Sega GameGear and Master System Emulator by Yoshihiro)

couldnt we jus be thankful for the emu all other things aside (as there aint no facts) its pretty cool.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah it is totally cool. SMS was one of my favorite systems growing up. To go back to those memories of Zillion, Space Harrier, Double Dragon, Black Belt and Alex Kidd is a trip. Yashiro is doing great work on the scene. I can't wait for his next release with this emulator.

Although i was glad about the screen being enlarged and all, I'm still kinda let down that it runs slower than the last one he released. But the picture is cleaner; so it doesn't look like theres a lightning storm going on in the background on Wonder Boy.

Still, 8 bit support of any kind on the PSP rocks! And I sure as hell like playing these games more than any of the crap that gets committed to UMD these days.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by iball
    How can you port something that's not open source?
    Did they give him the source in order to port it?
    I mean, if it was an "official" port, then why is it not listed on their website?
    http://fms.komkon.org/MG/

"Because of its portability, MG can be compiled on a wide variety of platforms: Unix, Amiga, Macintosh, MSDOS, Windows, etc. Unfortunately, it looks that for each person geniunely interested in hardware hacking and revival of the old videogame experience there is a dozen of adolescent gremlins hungry for a quick fun of playing pirated SEGA games on their PCs. Because of that, I decided against making MG source code publicly available and producing free versions of MG for MSDOS or Windows. I do not want to provide free entertainment for the vermin. I do feel it necessary to apologize for inconvinience created to all the intended users of MG. The complete up-to-date list of MG ports can be obtained from the MG distribution site. "

Sorry, I just don't trust Yoshi.
    Hello,
    I've been an avid fan of this site with it's news and homebrew apps i can use on my psp, especially emulation. Recently I decided to check out the forums and read up on a few things. Something hit me like a ton of bricks when i saw this thread. Who the HELL gave this guy the rights to port this! I, da1writer, Project Administrator of Morphgear (MG) and Forum Moderator of it's site (http://www.spicypixel.com/forum/view...n=view&uid=826
    http://www.spicypixel.com/forum/category-view.asp) is utterly flabergasted with what this guy has done. Marat is our dedicated Programmer/developer and would not give out his source-code without our consent on his behalf (ie, he would tell Me, Bluetrane, GSC, and Aaron the thumbs up to distribute it to other people). Marat is in a full fledge agreement with us and this guy has somehow slipped under our noses stealing our source code somehow. The only sourcecode we have released are under the already freeware agreement (Generator, SNes9x, Hugo), our commercial modules have not gone under our open-source license at all meaning you have to pay for the modules to use them (VGBA, iNes, VGB, Mastergear) and is not to be exploited to your liking (ie ripping out the source code somehow) without our consent. We of the Spicy Pixel Team will now get to the bottom of this and will find as many sites talking about or releasing the smsv5. Stealing is never a good thing and the Spicypixel Team is utterly pissed off with what this person has done! I'd like to make a small request to the administrators/moderators from us at SpicyPixel, could you remove from your site any files dealing with this author and his sms emulator (mostly the sms emulator) and any threads about it to be closed/removed. Thank you for your time and patience in reading this, hope this does not drag down anything on your site. May you all have a good day.

Side note: A better sms emu came out anyway from ********** called smsplus. grab it from the attachment below Doesn't support saving right now but will soon by the author Chris Swindle.

See what happens when you support stolen source code?
    Go ahead. Continue to support Yoshi's code thefts.

iball jus cool it man its out nowe so unless the original coder wants to start up something then be thankful for the emu

Quote Originally Posted by vincesecuricor2005
    iball jus cool it man its out nowe so unless the original coder wants to start up something then be thankful for the emu
    He did. Read his post.

oh well theres a newer better one out now so end of argument Surely?

well i never said somthing yesterday, sry i live in USA oh well, there are some of the greatest games ever on SMS. Y's the vanished omens, Astro Warrior. pretty much all of them are awesome, but those 2 are my favorite . . .

u gotta love it i forgot all bot the sms for a while now its hot again, oh how ive missed it

DCEmu Rookie

Dear Sir's/Ma'am's
    After much efforts, it seems that a few sites have heard me out and have shoved Yoshi's program (SMS PSP) out from their websites. I will be personally emailing Yoshi a "Cease and Desist" letter along with Four others endorsed by the other SpicyPixel (Morphgear) Team Members and a not so happy letter by the developer/programmer himself, Marat Fayzullin. We are very unhappy with doing this whole ordeal but it must be done or our reputation will be ruined, winning 4 years in a row for best emulator for pocket pc:
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...d=38#Emulators

We will not back down because of a small developer who decides to steal code, our code, without our permission, it's unforgivable! I will also be happy for someone to email me the email address of the main Moderator or some moderator of this psp forum so i can get in contact with them in order to take the program (SMS PSP) off the website of dcemu. Sorry to be the stick in the mud as you would say but our program's code (Mastergear) is commercial and was not disclosed as open-source coding and i wish not to get this any more serious than it is right now. May you all have a good day.

Note- Thanks iball for the email .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information