Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SMS V0.5 (Sega GameGear and Master System Emulator by Yoshihiro)

whoa, all you gotta do is click on wraggsters name (at the first post in any thread usually) and pm him or e-mail him from there, yoshi kinda sucks again dont he?

Sorry I've only just noticed this thread, da1writer are you positive that this is stolen sourcecode etc?
    our site certainly wouldn't support behavior like that, what would you suggest dcemu the site should do with regards to the emu, remove it from the site?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

agreed, if its stolen code we should remove the release from our site.

and so it begins, the end of yoshihiro (again)

Let it be known that everyone who has flamed, or has broken the forum rules in this thread will be closely watched- particularly those who said "who cares if it's stolen". You've all been warned.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by souLLy
    Sorry I've only just noticed this thread, da1writer are you positive that this is stolen sourcecode etc?
    our site certainly wouldn't support behavior like that, what would you suggest dcemu the site should do with regards to the emu, remove it from the site?
    This is entirely stolen source code as mentioned in my 2 post in the thread. We only have 3 file extensions of the Morphgear Main Module that our open-sourced (Snes9x, Hugo!, and Generator) because those are under the Freeware agreement.
    http://www.spicypixel.com/confluence...picypixel/Home
    As for VGB, VGBA, iNEs, and Mastergear extensions, those are our Commercial (Paying) extensions which cost $20 a piece.
    http://www.komkon.org/fms/MorphGear/
    These four extensions are closed source and is not to be redisrtibuted unless gaining the approval by the Developer/Programmer himself Marat Fayzullin. Marat sent us some nasty letter accusing us for sending it to Yoshihiro, when we never did such a thing. Marat is only working with us through a contract and he believed we of the Spicy Pixel Team we're crossing the line on that contract. When we all came into a meeting (Instant messenger grouped), we came unto the same page, Yoshihiro stole our closed- source code without gaining any permission whatsoever. We were all absolutely furious with what had come to be and we of the Spicy Pixel Team have all our Cease and Desist Letters already written up and Endorsed by ourselves for Mr.Yoshihiro. If he does not comply to our demands, which are below in a small summary, we will have no choice but take Legal Action for what he has done. We may seems to be the assholes in this deal but this is an entirely serious matter. If anyone is able to give us an email of Yoshihiro's, we will highly be appriative of what you have done for us! Thank you everyone of your support.

Hello Mr.Yoshihiro,
    You must cease and desist of continuing the project called SMS PSP and must remove it from your website. You must also lose all support of the program itself as well. If you do not accept our demands, we shall have no choice but file a Legal Court Order in your name. We do not take theft of Closed Source code lightly and never will in this matter. We hope to hear an email from you and see a change on your website soon or utter consequences will come to be. Thank you for your time Mr. Yoshihiro and may you have a good day and a good life from this learning experience.
    Signed
    The 5 Members of The Spicy Pixel Team

Blog Entries

hmm i have contacted both aaron and Marat and i will await their decision on what to do, we at DCEmu wont stand for any stolen source but from what i understand this release was from an earlier available source code butlike i say im waiting for them to tell me what they want me to do.

DCEmu Rookie

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully this situation will tone down a bit. If i am fussing over something like early source code (which i do remeber him releasing some time ago ) please correct me of my ways. Since I'm not able to get in contact with Yoshihiro anyway I'm not sure if it is or not...

Blog Entries

Hi again, in the homebrew and emulation scene all coders and sites should respect the source codes that the work was based on.

Yoshihiro didnt thank the original coder Marat which he should have done, i have contacted Marat again and he kindly sent me this reply

"As far as commercial part goes, that PSP port is free, so nothing is
    violated here (I ask for royalties only if somebody is using my code
    commercially)"

I did say that i will put a link on both my site (psms page) and the forum thread to Marats site with a link to Donation if theres one.

It does seem that it is the early source code but again if its not and obviously you, Marat and Aaron will know more than me we will take down all downloads asap.

(i for one dont need the hassle )

DCEmu Pro

Ethics and theivery aside, is there any known way to get the games to display in simple 1x? I simply don't see the point of using the whole screen when it means utterly ruining the aspect ratio.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information