Thread: Watch Out DS Heres Comes the GP2X

Blog Entries

Default Watch Out DS Heres Comes the GP2X

A new rival for homebrew and emulation has entered the arena.

GP2X UK have posted news that all fans of homebrew and emulation on consoles will be happy to hear, finally the GP2X is released and shipping, the console for those that dont know is a Portable Linux Based console which already has ports of Quake, Quake 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Amiga and Gameboy Emulators being worked on and that is nothing compared to whats not been publically revealed. One very cool addition is the fact that it has a TV out thats compatible via software with any region.

Heres a screen of the Box

More information at both GP2X UK & GP2X News

look, not even the GP32 was competitio for the GBA even though it could emulate thns much easyer and had SD card or somthing, i doubt the ds should 'Look out'... it can join the rest like the gizmondo and tapwave.

it may be good but i dont hear much of a fanfare for it.

DCEmu Newbie

well, go to gp32x.com and you will find that quite a few people from the gp32 scene are deving and have pre-ordered the gp2x. It might not compete in the commercial scene with the DS but as for emulators and the "underground" if you wanna call it that scene the GP2X will have much more support and much better apps/emulators than the DS could dream of...

I have a DS, GBA, GC, Xbox, and have pre-ordered a GP2X...with TV-out, movie, mp3, ebook, emulators, and apps on a handheld...this will definitely be played more than the rest of my systems...

Edit: and this will most definitly do better than the gizmondo and tapwave zodiac...the gizmondo was just a bad idea to begin with...

DCEmu Newbie

Although the gp2x homebrew scene will kick off and surpass the DS (and psp) in many ways, the DS still has 2 screens and a touchscreen .... i don't care what anyone says, but that at least can lead to much more interesting things...

I've thought about getting a DS just for scummvm with a touchscreen ....

I'll buy a gp2x the day that someone gets an sd wifi card working on the thing, along with kismet

i wanted to get a GP32 ages ago but its the whole fact you can only get it online that makes most people go.. merr ill do it later but never get round to it.

Thread Information