Thread: WiiTube 0.01 - Youtube for Wii

Blog Entries

Rev WiiTube 0.01 - Youtube for Wii

News via gxmod

WiiTube is a modification done by alienmind functioning of Mplayer (worn by rOn) so that it supports videos from Youtube.

This change occurs at the mplayerwii.conf file in the following way (with sample videos Spanish):

# WiiTube - videos embedded in a youtube link
    youtube_cache = 1 # Will download the flv to SD
    Stream =
    Stream = http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...9CEE07C1AE3241
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=enjuto stream = + mojamuto & partner = 1

The line of control cache "youtube_cache" lets you cache the video format. FLV on the SDCard before reading (streaming not working very well).

The 3 examples correspond to a video for the 1st line, a list of videos for the 2nd line, and finally in the 3rd line the result of a search.

It is a first test version for which the operation is not optimal.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Ima reiterate what I said where this was originally posted (the MPlayer thread), which was WHATS THE POINT? Practically all of us have the Internet Channel, and that will play not just youtube, but most sites like youtube! And, you don't have to remember and write down the URL to it!
    Also, if you (like the developer of this) have not yet discovered that the menu at the bottom of the internet channel will autohide (Look in your options when you first start the internet channel)! Seriously, this seems really...useless. If Youtube and other sites were browsable through this (something like PSPTube) I could see the point, and I'd actually use it. But, you can't. Really, NO POINT.

Blog Entries

I'll continue going to the actual youtube..

Well if it lets you view flv while offline then its not completely useless. It seems like a good alternative for people who cannot access the web with their wii.

DCEmu Newbie

I gave up on Wii and Opera Channel and as a media streamer. Gonna go get a HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by pibs View Post
    Well if it lets you view flv while offline then its not completely useless. It seems like a good alternative for people who cannot access the web with their wii.
    I'm pretty sure normal MPlayer Wii can do that if you put it on an SD from your computer. Or at least the Linux version will. Never tried on Wii.

DCEmu Newbie

merci

Thread Information