You knew this was going to be a big one, and it’s getting big scores to match the hype. Rehash? Maybe. Fun? See what the critics are saying:

IGN: 9.5/10 ”Mario Kart DS’s production value is almost staggering. The development team worked an unbelievable amount of focus in nearly every aspect of this racing design, pushing a huge amount of effort in both the single player experience as well as the multiplayer competition.”
GameSpot: 9.2/10 “The online play is undoubtedly the icing on an especially yummy cake.”
1UP: 9/10 ”Once you find a working connection, once you accept the fact that online matches are limited to four people.. once you get playing…all complaints drift away.”
Yahoo! Games: 4.5/5 ”Multiplayer Mario Kart is, in a nutshell, an absolute blast. If you want to see a room full of grown men and women revert into hyperactive, obscenity-laden teenagers, just put the game in their hands and let them go at it.”
Gamerz Edge: 9.6/10 “If I could award Mario Kart DS an eleven on Fun Factor, I absolutely would. This game is simply the most fun I have had in years as a gamer.”
GameRankings composite: 93%. Pretty freakin’ good.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000933067895/