Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Revolution v0.1

Thank you for the great comments everyone
    If anyone is having trouble with it freezing on a perticular song, it may be a problem with the banner or background graphic. It seem to not like certain interlaced PNG files. You can either delete them, or open them in an image editor and resave them as a regular png to fix it. I think thats causing most of the freezing out there.

Thanks again for the great feedback =)

--DeNitro

we need a graphics set for these songs, exclusively for the psp.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, have been using the most awesome psprev, great stuff guys. I liked it so much i felt compelled to make my own, using some heavy music. Used the dance monkey and converted an mp3 into the two step files, .sm and .dwi, the output audio is in .wav... I converted the wav file to an ogg vorbis but can't get it to play still, i have no graphics of any kind. So i d/led dance with intensity and open them up in that and they work fine. the wav and the ogg vorbis file.. Is there something i have to do for the psp version that i'm missing, please help and sorry for posting this in the wrong area if it is, i'm new to your forum.

edit sorry forgot to mention that when you get to the load song screen, i'm able to select between the 3 difficulty levels but it either doesn't load the song (at all) just acts like a dead link, or seizes the psp up.

Again apologies if this is in the wrong area, or where i might go to get some help, cheers.

At the moment, PSP Revolution only supports mp3 audio format, try converting the OGG to mp3 and trying again.

--DeNitro

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DeNitro
    At the moment, PSP Revolution only supports mp3 audio format, try converting the OGG to mp3 and trying again.

--DeNitro
    Oh, i'm an idiot lol , somewhere along the lines i thought it only supported ogg. sorry and thank you so much for the speedy reply. Have been following you're progress with this for a little while now, and gotta say well done, easily the best homebrew i've played on my psp. Thanks alot dude.

edit, they now work, cheers, now they're just playing back like on fast forward, chipmonk style lol. Might be the trial version of ezcd convertor i'm using... Will try a few more and see. Anyway onto the graphics, this is great stuff.

If anyone would like a custom .PNG banner or image file made for their song, just let me know. I dab a bit in Photoshop. I just request that you tell me the dimensions of your image.

DCEmu Newbie

Now that i've got the songs sorted (killed the chipmonk mahfa) and it's all working, gonna see how i go with the graphics... Might be taking you up on that offer mate.

If we get enough psprev specific ones we should start a thread perhaps? Just thinking, cause i'm converting a $#@!e load of songs at the mo, and even songs you wouldn't think would be any good are awesome, tho ramp by scooter is my personal fave so far... Awesome patterns lol, gotta lay of the 'Erbz methinks.

Oh, i make all my songs, 3, 5 and 8.

And i'm lovin that line in your sig about step mania Produkt lol. Again great stuff Devin923 and Denitro, keeping an eager eye on anything you guys might be doing next, this release is perfect. Perfect i tells ya, lol.

Mucho respect for the homebrewers.

Thumbs up

Great work guys!!! (yes I finally cought on) The whole thing looks amazing, though I have to admit I'm not much of a DDR fan. Though I don't know the method, it looks like the sm files could be text edited also? Very nice job!!

DCEmu Newbie

I thought so at first too, but there's a program out there that analyses the music, peaks, troughs, gaps etc, and sorts it out from there.. Tho if you do need to change the start of the song for whatever reason, it sarting off out of nowhere etc, you can change the first couple of lines in a text editor to all 0's, you're right edit lol, wrong name, jdemon, my bad.

I have a finished one, scooter - ramp (the logical song) with banner and background, but have no where to host it at...

OKay, hosting it right now at sharemation or something or rather lol, zipped file called scooter (imaginately enough ) should be able to d/l it soon enough if you want to check it out. I had never used any of these dance dance before this afternoon, haven't even plaaye the arcade proper version, but this stuff is easy to do, making the songs that is, just goes to show how good psprev is imo...

okay all shared.
    lmao, linkage migh help
    Link deleted, sharemation isn't even up at the moment, what a load of crap.

edit, just added a readme to it incase people don't know how to install it.

Sharemation blows, no bandwidth man! Anyone got somewhere to host PSPR songs?

DCEmu Newbie

can we be expecting another psprev update anytime soon?
    It would be great if it could play ogg, avi, ect.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information