Thread: "..and then the PS2 came out, and it was so much more powerful" - G4 Icons: Dreamcast

Talking "..and then the PS2 came out, and it was so much more powerful" - G4 Icons: Dreamcast

By request from Quzar and other DCEmulation.com forum regulars, TackAngel uploaded a nice recording of the "Icons: Dreamcast" TV-Special by the US-American cable programme G4 in WMV format.

It is mainly based on US perspective and has some old cliches, but surely a welcome and entertaining info for any video game fan, showing once again some excellent footage of the breathtaking games released for the Dreamcast, a system "way ahead of its time".

Download: YouSendIt (Thanks again to TackAngel)
    Mirrors: MegaUpload (Thanks to Caboose)
    It'll also be replayed in the US TV on G4 at 11/22/2005 11am ET / 8am PT (Thanks to Quzar for the info).

Source: DCEmulation.com Forums

Acorn Electron User

Just watched the show and found it quite interesting. I would have liked it to have had a bit more depth and perhaps some focus on certain titles but it was good to hear about the US launch and I was particularly unaware of how the PS2 stated the ball rolling with the DVD format in Japan. I knew it was an issue but didn't expect it to have such a profound effect on the market.

My thanks to TackAngel for the upload. We don't really get much video game TV here in the UK.

DCEmu Regular

The dvd option was the thing that nailed a bunch of my friends to buy the PS2, i asked if they wanted the dreamcast, and we all sat around and said, "no, they're just like a stuck up chick, (sega), they use your money and drop you like a hot rock after they get what they want.", and a bunch of other dissing, blah blah blah. It wasn't until 2002 when i saw a DC and played NESTErDC on the sucker that i was sold. i own like 3 now. I also have an xbox, and my wife owns a gamecube. thanks sega, for making a badass machine.

Thread Information