Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Utopia- What would a Hacker-free PSP be like?

Blog Entries

psp PSP Utopia- What would a Hacker-free PSP be like?

Whoohoo! Here is the first ‘PSP Utopia’ article. ‘PSP Utopia’ is a new feature that will present different scenarios or products that could make Sony’s PSP the best Multimedia device for everyone in the universe!

This is the August 08′ edition, this month’s topic will be “A Hacker-Free PSP Universe.” Hackers will most likely cry.

So you just got you PSP, you are confused on how this tiny device works. Once you figure out how the harmless toy works, you start gaming. But one day, your little mind became evil and you’ve come to the Hacker Union, you all the sudden decide to start downloading homebrew, hacks, and Custom Firmware. Well guess what, Sony has destroyed Hackers, there aren’t anymore piracy or hackers. Don’t worry, the world is now much better!

What would a Hacker-Free PSP community be like? Sony has tried for the last 3 years to make the PSP Hack-free, but have failed because of those genius kids. Now there aren’t anymore hackers, Sony has rejoiced and are now looking into making the PSP much better. With hackers being gone Sony announces the following:

Numerous Games- Socom FTB3, Killzone Liberations 2, Playstation HOME Portable.
    Direct PSN Access on PSP XMB- Sony announces Trophies and Playstation Store PSP.
    Flash Player Upgrade- Sony updates the PSP Flash Player to newest. Videos are not able to stream online.
    Partnership with YouTube.com- Sony and YouTube.com create a partnership where YouTube.com will create PSPYouTube which will be a PSP-exclusive Video and Photo Sharing feature on the PSP XMB via Infrastructure.
    Music Download Service- Sony creates a music download service where you can download numerous artist’s song from different genres for only $.99 for each song.
    All Games can be Digitally purchased, or in Stores- Sony finally announces they will give consumers the option to buy released games either over the PS Store or in Stores.
    PSP Arcade- The PS3 arcade games will all be playable on the PSP and can be downloaded from the Playstation Store via PSP XMB.
    PSP Owners cheer and they all decide to use these services. Sony says they announced these services now because they were scared Hackers would hack each of these services and destroy them.

The Direct PSN Access on the PSP XMB introduces Trophies to the PSP and the Playstation store for the PSP. you can now directly download content from the store over infrastructure on your PSP. You are required to use credit card information or the PSN Gift cards. Trophies will allow for PSP gamers to earn different achievements for their games. Game companies decide to release DLC over the Playstation Store so the PSP Games have some lasting appeal.

Sony and YouTube.com create PSPYouTube. It will be a selection over the PSP XMB screen and you can now upload videos to the service and view videos and photos. YouTube.com agrees they will not be creating YouTube for any other portable devices from there, on.

Music Download Service is announced by Sony and will allow for PSP Owners to purchase, then download, and then listen to music from their favorite artists for a low price. Later, Several Music Artist’s decide to release their music over this service first, then to stores, and so on.

Every game can now be purchased digitally or in Stores. With this Consumers can now stay at home and purchase their games, or they can go out and buy them in Stores.

The PSP Arcade is finally introduced and will feature all the PS3 Playstation Store Games. The graphics also will be like the PS3 graphics.

So that’s it everyone. Thank you for reading this month’s ‘PSP Utopia’. Come back at the end of next month for a new one.

http://ppgn.recoding.net/?p=58#more-58

I couldn't help but laugh at this article. I don't know if Sony would be THAT generous

I will think about this when Sony release a free and oficial SDK . I never buy portable devices which dont allow me run my own programs.

AND

The PSP Sucks.
    There are no developers for the future because we can't practice when we're young on the PSP.
    No one buys PSP's anymore, Hardware sales plummet, Sony loses tons of money, and never releases a PSP2.

Yeah, somehow I doubt all of that would happen.

i think a good reason why psp games are not that great now is because a lot of developers are nervous about piracy etc. Thats understandable. But we have a big homebrew community and sony is dishing out newer sony psp which are harder to hack. In my opinion the psp-3000 is giving a chance for developers to say "Hey its safer now to develop with these milions of new psp's sold because they are almost impossible to hack. Thats what i hope happens soon. Homebrew is very nice no doubt but piracy on it is killing new and original games for the psp.
    I have cfw myself and have done my share of stuff with it but i really really would like to see something new and fresh other than 10 year old games.... The PSP is said that it will last 10 years on the market. Hopefully they will make it so that is NEAR impossible to hack, not unhackable. Giving leadway for developers to do stuff for it.

Blog Entries

What would my hacker free psp be like? Dusty I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ICE View Post
    What would my hacker free psp be like? Dusty I imagine.
    lmao. too true

Piracy is a scapegoat. There has always been piracy and there will always be piracy.

sony could do all that now

they just wont, and blame the "evil hackers"

when its mostly the "evil hackers" that drive sales

proof? look at the hardware sales vs the non existant software sales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information