Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 21 - How Would You Improve the Homebrew Scene ?

Blog Entries

Home/News The DCEmu Interview - Question 21 - How Would You Improve the Homebrew Scene ?

A feature i did a few years ago and one im going to repeat now is the DCEmu Interview, a unique idea in which questions are asked by me to the Whole DCEmu Community its a way to learn more about each others and find out what our interests are and much more

Todays Question is How Would You Improve the Homebrew Scene ? ? Lets hear it from the DCEmu Community.

Give your Answer via Comments.

Remember to check out our DCEmu Interview Site to catch up on previous DCEmu Interview Questions

The DCEmu Interview - Question 1 - What Consoles Do You Own ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 2 - Whats Your Favourite Console Of All Time
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 3 - Whats Your New Years Resolution ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 4 - What Got you Interested in Homebrew/Emulation ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 5 - Whats the greatest Game Ever ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 6 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Console?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 7 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Handheld?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 8 - Whos the Greatest Homebrew Hacker/Coder and Why ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 9 - Whats the Greatest Emulator Released?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 10 - What Game(S) Would you like to see Remade ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 11 - Whats the Greatest Platform Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 12 - Whats the Greatest FPS Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 13 - Whats the Greatest Sports Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 14 - How Excited Are You In Todays Homebrew Scene ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 15 - Whats the Greatest RTS Game Released ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 16 - What Would Make the Perfect Homebrew Console ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 17 - What Are the Best/Worst Online Games Shops?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 18 - Name all the Consoles You have done Homebrew On ?
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 19 - What Emulators are the Best In the Console Scene
    The DCEmu Interview - Question 20 - Whats The Best Gamepad/Controller Ever ?

DCEmu Legend

Specifically regarding the PSP homebrew scene I'd make people more appreciative. Many coders have left or put PSP projects on the back burner because they have moved on to better scenes. The author of one of the most impressive pieces of work for the PSP literally said that he was working on more limited hardware, but a far greater scene.

Yeah, the PSP has a lot of untapped potential still, but when you consider all of the drama, betrayal, and greed that has plagued the PSP homebrew scene, its no wonder things have slowed down quite a bit.

I know its taboo for homebrew devs to expect donations and monetary compensation for their work. But I think more people should donate and show appreciation. Also, newbies should do their homework before flooding forums with questions that have been answered 10,000 times.

I think there is a good opportunity for a resurgence in the PSP homebrew scene. Perhaps the challenge of homebrew-enabling the PSP 3000 will help bring about renewed enthusiasm.

If I could do anything, then I would end game piracy.
    The way I figure it, if there was no piracy, then nobody would have any reason to oppose homebrew hardware. It would cause homebrew to get support from more people, maybe even large companies. Also, it would stop the the thought that all homebrewers are bad, because nobody would be steeling anything.

i agree with gutbub and veskgar totally

those two things were exactly what i was thinking.

no matter when strnmnrm(w/e i know it isn't right) releases a new version of Daedalus, he just gets flamed

people who flame, stfu and go fall off a cliff

veskgar you have some great opinions there, i agree with alot of them.

i also think that newbie coders should only release games/apps when they are in a playable state as to not clog the frontpages with unfinished/unplayable demos. people should also not flame so much, if you don't have anything constructive to say then just shut up.

me? i can't do anythin to improve it

DCEmu Newbie

I would to ban the pandora project, I think that ultraexpensive and chunky gadget is going to split the portable opensource videogame scene.

what community?

on the psp scene even the most honest of questions is greeted with elitism sarcasm and go find out yourself attitude

now i do agree there has to be learning involved or else you accomplish nothing, but "SNARL go to this thread!" when that thread has little or nothing to do with what your working on does not help anything

maybe im just spoiled from the secondlife /lsl community, we actually treat each other with respect and help everyone that we possibly can, no matter how many times the same damn question is asked, and commonly share information like it was air

not go off on our coding godness with replies like "god you scuk" and "omfg why dont you just ask us to do it for you" on the 3rd question like i commonly see in the psp world

maybe thats why were doing stuff like 512 bit rsa encryption in 16k of ram with virtual machines running less than 1000 ips, and the psp scene is greeted with "yet another pong clone" every 3 weeks
    Last edited by osgeld; August 27th, 2008 at 04:03.

DCEmu Newbie

I totally agree with Veskgar, seeing as people like me who dont know much or arnt interested in programming and developing, all we can do is support and appreciate the people who are interested and take time and dedication to make programs for all of us to enjoy. And gutbub I want the same thing you want, replenish the name of homebrew and at least not being worked against if not supported by companies like sony. But you have to think of it realistically, do you honestly think there will ever be an adequate number of people who enjoy homebrew and not commit piracy for a company like sony to actually support homebrew?
    A sad reality, it is... but we make the best of what we have, with the dc7 out everyone is in high spirits and hold high expectations once the psp3k comes out and I'm *sure* there will be a way, when theres a will theres a way.
    With all the great minds we have in the scene right now, sooner or later psp3k *will* be cracked :thumbup:

and osgeld I'm sorry thats what you had to experience, but I'll tell you I bricked my psp 4 years ago and just let it sit there, I forgot all about the scene and now I came back clueless as ever to everything that has happen so far...there were a lot of people that helped me

http://forums.max(deletethis)console...51&mode=linear
    http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1777
    these guys helped me a lot

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=127243
    and so did you guys :P

and it was thanks to them that I enjoy the latest fruits of homebrew such as the latest cfw with my IDS fixed thanks to DAX's dc7. Sure they might have referred me to other threads but only as additional resources, not one of them was off topic to my problem. So I cant say the whole community is like what I experienced but I must also say at the same time that the whole community is not people who boast "elitism and sarcasm," there are good people in the community. I dont know what happen in these 4 years, what with all the betrayal and greed and what not but its too bad just because of a few bad apples the whole community has to suffer...
    Last edited by acureon; August 28th, 2008 at 03:19.

Thread Information