Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faceplates for Sony PSP: Change the Front Color to Red, White, Blue, Silver etc

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Faceplates for Sony PSP: Change the Front Color to Red, White, Blue, Silver etc

Some great News from Lik Sang

The Sony PSP looks cool, stylish and sexy. But it's everywhere, in everybody's hands, from hardcore to casual gamer, from Slashdotters to Paris Hilton and J-Lo. If you are the kind of geek-chic gamer who likes to stand out from the masses, the fact that Sony has already shipped over 10 millions of the Jet Black handheld gives you headaches. If you want an exclusive gem to be unique, we just got the right thing: replacement faceplates in 5 different colors!

The faceplate installation is very easy, even for a non-tech user, as it only requires removal of 7 screws, and lifting a front cover, no soldering involved whatsoever. The exhaustive installation manual fits on one single page and is available for download as a PDF file right here: guide for replacement faceplate installation on PSP. Still, you have to be aware and it is our duty to point out that by removing these 7 screws and by performing this little faceplate swap, you will indeed void the manufacturer's warranty on your precious PSP system. Please ponder that in when making the decision whether to go for it or pass on it. Please also note that the replacement faceplates come without buttons, you will have to switch those from the original factory faceplate into the new one that you are about to put up. There is a protective glass for the screen attached to each faceplate.

The replacement faceplates come in 5 different flavors at the time being, until new editions are released: sexy red, pure white, translucent blue, liquid silver and transparent are your options. Both the translucent blue and the transparent versions let you wear out the guts of the machine. The Liquid Silver comes with a special metallic chrome layer and is therefore slightly more expensive than the other four models. The latter retails for US$ 38.95, while all other standard tones sell for US$ 32.95 only. Bulk discounts on 5+, 10+ and 20+ quantity orders are available for resellers and shops.

$33 seems like an awful lot for a piece of plastic. They need to come down on that price big time.

Don't worry once some other online companies start making these the price will drop.

DCEmu Newbie

$33 is way way too steep. I can get full console cases for less than that.

well, asterix was selling them for 49.90 and 59.90
    so I guess Lik Sang IS the shop bringing the price down today, not the expensive one. Seems like they already negotiated a 35% price drop with the manufacturer, and hopes are with me it will come from Lik Sang again if one can negotiate a further price drop due to volume sales...

This prioduct is not from them but from a manufacturer who wants our money for being first
    this happens a lot with niche products and usually when LS steps in, it brings the price down in no time because of their size...

I understand fully why ppl bitch about the steep price, but I am afraid they chose the wrong target hehe.

10-15$ sounds more reasonable

I want the Silver one, but I don't have $33 to waste.

Cool

Yeah, these will be very nice to have when the price drops or some cheaper versions surface.

k, i looked around for like a week and i cannot find a page that tells you how to get the face off. i have a broke sqare and yeah. help

I want the silver one!
    Why does it "Void" the warranty?

p.s.
    Faceplate Tutorial

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information