Thread: "Abolutely No Final Fantasy Xbox 360 For Japan"

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

xbox 360 "Abolutely No Final Fantasy Xbox 360 For Japan"

An issue of Dengeki PlayStation that goes on sale August 29th in Japan, Final Fantasy XIII director and writer Motomu Toriyama and FFXIII Versus director Tetsuya Nomura talk about the possibility of Japan getting a Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 version. Nomura says that he himself was "surprised" at the FFXIII Xbox 360 Asia version news, saying that Microsoft's comment ("It would be nice if the game came out") was taken to mean that it was actually confirmed for Asia. More interesting than that cluster**** is Toriyama's comment about whether or not Final Fantasy XIII will be released in Japan on the Xbox 360 platform:

There will absolutely not be an Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII for Japan.

Obviously Toriyama is not mincing words. He's being crystal clear. But, really, why not release it on the Xbox 360 in Japan? Sales of the game in both America and Europe (in multiple languages) on both platforms are likely to exceed the Japanese sales markets — so what's the point of no mulit-platform for domestic consumers? From a business stand point, Toriyama's statement seems rather odd.

via Kotaku

DCEmu Newbie

Thats a shame, ok it's not a huge market for the 360 out there but would it have been so much work to take 360 version already being made and replace the audio tracks?

Stupid move if you ask me.

DCEmu Newbie

i know it wouldn't cost much for them to put out a 360 version in japan, but i bet it'd be more than the profit they'd get from selling copies to the 5 or so 360 owners in japan who want the game but don't have a ps3.

Smart move if you ask me.

What I mean is that the last tales game saw a 500% increase in SKU sales. The same could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    What I mean is that the last tales game saw a 500% increase in SKU sales. The same could happen.
    I see why too. Tales of Vesperia is absolutely awesome; easily the best JRPG I've played this generation on a home console. Really, with the huge move of JRPGs to the 360, I would think it a rather dumb move as well to not release it on 360.

But I can understand Square's reaons; this WAS a PS3 exclusive after all. It was born on the PS3(13 I mean), so I suppose it would be best to pay tribute one way or the other.

I'd be willing to bet Sony threw a few yen their way for the right to at least retain some kind of excusive

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle2000 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet Sony threw a few yen their way for the right to at least retain some kind of exclusive
    To be sure.

Companies aren't in any business 'to pay homage' to other peoples businesses, else they wouldn't be in business long. Business is all about money and based upon cost vs benefit.

So I guess Sony has paid them enough so that it covers any potential profits they would predict to have possibly got from Japanese sales.

I wonder if Jap language will be on an any other countries game discs though which would fuel grey imports?

Thread Information