Thread: Nintendo Euro Wi-fi Launch Blips

Blog Entries

Default Nintendo Euro Wi-fi Launch Blips

Anyone who's eagerly been refreshing the URL for Nintendo's official European Wi-fi Connection Service website in anticipation of its a launch today alongside Mario Kart DS might be wondering just what exactly's going on. So here's the skinny, as they say in, erm, somewhere.
    You see, where there should be a lovely gleaming new portal for the service, there's just an ominous Coming Soon message at the moment. For the uninitiated, the website will act as the central repository for all Nintendo's online antics. You'll be able to keep track of your high scores and current records, as well as find all the info you'll need on getting your DS hooked up to the 'net and the full low-down on local free hotspots in your area.

The only problem is, it's not there yet. Fearing that something had gone terribly wrong, we gave Nintendo a call and - thankfully - it looks like anyone picking up Mario Kart DS will still be able to take the game online, either through a wi-fi router at home or using one of the company's 7,500 wi-fi hotspots across the country.
    Apparently, some last minute technical issues have delayed the launch of the website itself but Nintendo has assured us its working round the clock to sort them out and the site will be live within the next few days. In the meantime, you can still hop onto the 'net and kick some digital karting arse - you just won't be able to back up your bragging rights with official stats just yet...

i got it yesterday and... DAMN its Good! but i cant get online till my brothers back coz its his Mac and he can only do it from his log in. DAMN IT!!! but Dry bones Tank Rocks!!

Thread Information