Thread: PS3Filer unofficial update - Nes Emulator for PS3

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3Filer unofficial update - Nes Emulator for PS3

Dark-Show has updated the Nes emulator for the PS3, heres whats new:

hey, i've spent that last day or so making the menu system and screen sections better on PS3Filer.
    i've also taken out image handeling as i see no need for it, and i never though this would be a public release. Directory hendeling has been removed for a short period but it is replaced with better file hendeling, as i've added file scrolling to the menu system.

hope you like it and you dont need to tell me about sound, im looking into it, unless the original author beats me to it.

P.S. now that i think of it, i've also added a new mode, its activated by pressing the green button in the dvd menu, its better to do it in the menu as it can leave (very annoying) garbage behind.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

just wondering since we would need seperate usb or mem cards for the homebrew game or emu could we make an all in one loader! like nes + snes + genesis + atari! or just a java loader like ulaunch that was for the ps2. also does BD Java have 3D graphics access?

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Zin0099 View Post
    just wondering since we would need seperate usb or mem cards for the homebrew game or emu could we make an all in one loader! like nes + snes + genesis + atari! or just a java loader like ulaunch that was for the ps2. also does BD Java have 3D graphics access?
    I don`t think any1 knows if 3D is possible yet, hasn`t been confirmed yes or no, and I wonder if any1 has tried or trying, well that flying simulator was 3D

i see theres a new version out plus you need to have roms in the avch folder(the folder that is required)
    don't have so many roms cuss it will leg(go slow)i put every rom i had in that folder so i know it will go slow!

This is pretty sick news. He released the first version of this not to long ago and he already has the 2nd version released?? Very nice. I look forward to future releases. Wondering: Could this "filer" be the potential way to launch homebrew within the ps3's XMB? I kick myself in the head now for setting aside the 10GB's on my 60GB's for Linux. Is it even worth it to launch homebrew from linux? it looks like a complete waste of time.

Thread Information