Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP's Future

Default PSP's Future

Tell us what you hope to see either in a future update, software, hardware, accessories, or homebrew for the PSP!

Here's what I have:

MediaCapture (accessory, update): A device that plugs into the USB that has a lens and a mic. It could be used for capturing pictures, videos, or sounds and placing them into the corresponding folders of the PSP.

Messenger (homebrew, update): A program that could send a) messages from PSP-to-PSP, b) SMS messages to cell phones, and c) messages online through AIM, YIM, MSN, or ICQ.

Flash/Video Plug-in for Web Browser (update): Obvious. A Windows Media Player and Flash Player port (maybe even Shockwave) for the >2.00 Web Browser.

Of course, Sony has no known plans for these, but I know that I would update for these (if they ever happened, that is)!
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

Full Windows XP on UMD

40GB HDD

instant messenger (MSN)

app that adds the digital signature needed to a homebrew EBOOT

psp p2p

3ghz processor

ps2 emulator

that's all i can think of for now

it is very unlikly that a 3ghz processor comes to the psp but you can dream

But I like the windows idea

- winamp/itunes style music player with plugin support + song advance + playlist and without loop forever (so you can sleep to psp music)

- port of UFO Enemy Unknown (PC version)

DCEmu Newbie

the long time promised usb gps device would really be nice....
    also a usb keyboard, wich should have been available with eu-release of the psp would really be a great accessory...apart from that, a real hot dev would be a full speed n64 emulator, and a way, either to get kernel mode apps run on 2.0 firmware or higher, or to get sony convinced, that the major homebrew scene does not negatively affect console / software sales !

DCEmu Newbie

USB hub
    downloadable plugins for all file formats

hmmm, I suppose the Flash plugin would have to be developed by Macromedia rather than Sony...

Do you ever see emulators being upgraded to the point that they will work on all versions rather than just 1.5?

yeah! definitly a keyboard so we can use amiga and c64 music trackers! oh i have wet dreams of that

speaking of it, how cool it would be to have a .xm or .rns (renoise) tracker for psp.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm really reaching here, but I hope that good commercial games come out for the PSP.
    Right now there's lumines, GTA, and the new Harvest Moon.
    We have no Castlevania, Superstar Saga 2, Kirby, Sonic Rush, Meteos (well, Lumines makes up for that), Mario Kart, convenient online play, Animal Crossing, Wario Ware, Feel the Magic, Jump Super Stars, Super Princess Peach.

The DS has many great commercial games. I want the PSP to have more than 5 great REAL games. And REAL games, not homebrew. Users don't have to make up for crappy developers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information