Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMSX: The Latest MMS for CFW Installation

psp MMSX: The Latest MMS for CFW Installation

Please post a negative or positive if you use the MMSX to install CFW. There is a very small percentage of users that report problems. I would like to know exactly what this percentage is. The MMSX Root files have been downloaded 1736 times as of this edit and only a handfull of people have reported problems. I need you to post if it worked or not, if you cant atleast post a simple 'it worked' or 'it didnt work' then I would prefer if you looked elsewhere for a Magic Memory Stick. This mainly goes for all you 'guests' that dont even make an account...

The MMSX is a universal "unbricker" class MMS (Magic Memory
    Stick) that (when combined with a Pandora Class Battery), will install
    CFW (Custom Firmware) 4.01 M33-2 onto any PSP, phat or slim.
    When using the MMSX it does not matter what firmware, custom or
    official, your PSP is currently running. There is no need to
    downgrade. If you have firmware 3.52 or higher, you must have a
    Pandora’s Class Battery. If your PSP's firmware is lower than 3.52
    there are other ways to install CFW, but that will not be discussed in
    this guide and the use of a MMSX is still highly recommended. The
    MMSX uses DC7, which allows one to regenerate the ID Storage on
    your PSP. This means that if the ID Storage on your PSP is
    completely wiped out or is corrupted that you will be able to fully
    restore it. The MMSX does not just install CFW 4.01 M33-2; it comes
    loaded with additional features

Note: This guide does not apply to the new PSP's that use a TA-088 v3 motherboard.
    They can not be hacked, yet...

To install CFW 4.01 M33-2 using a MMSX you will need a few things.
    1. A Pandora Class Battery
    2. A real Memory Stick
    3. A computer
    4. A USB cable or a card reader/writer
    5. And, the files in the links below...

Download here:
    The MMSX Guide.pdf (228.35KB)
    PC Applications for the MMSX (25.6MB)
    Root Files for a Phat PSP (135.2MB)
    Root Files for a Slim PSP (110MB)

Heres 8 smokin' hot wallpapers of Misa Campo. Their also included in the MMSX.
    Misa Campo Wallpapers

Karathacker's Theme Pack wont be pre-loaded in the MMSX, if so the
    MMSX itself would be a HUGE download, sorry. But you can get it here:
    [Release] Theme Pack v2 For 4.01M33 By Karothacker

If you have any question please read The MMSX Guide or post them here. Also, if anyone finds any errors please let me know so I can fix them pronto...

Thank you.. To everybody who helped me get this far... And, to those who played a part in the making of the MMSX.....

If your having the "green light/black screen" problem try switching memory stick brands. A member here said that two Sony memory sticks gave him probs, but a SanDisk worked perfect the first time...

:thumb: Please post something if you use the MMSX...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, stuff to look out for:

lethatproductions posted very late/early and no one got to him Q, but he followed up with some nice info very soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by lethalproductions View Post
    hey budd.. i tried installing it and everything works up untill i get an error message around 4%-5% saying pspPSARInit failed.. what am I doing wrong? I have a pandora battery and i follow the steps you wrote in your tutorial.. any help would be awesome.. thanks in advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by lethalproductions View Post
    Nevermind I fixed this issue.. for those who might come across this issue. Re-copy the Phat Root Files to the MMS by using a Memory stick reader, etc. and try again.:thumb:
    Sens10 added this info to help other peeps with the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sens10 View Post
    So I got it to work. For anyone else having the "green power light, nothing coming up on screen" problem, try a different brand of mem stick. I had the problem with 2 Sony mem sticks. I got a Sandisk and it's all working fine.

Though I did find a strange happening. I didn't see the 1.50 Kernel add-on when I opened the options on the mmsx. But it seems to work fine so far (I skipped that step without any problems). Thanks for the guide.
    The reason he didnt see the 1.50 kernel addon is because he is using a SLIM, the addon is only for PHATS...

Quote Originally Posted by kitoudark View Post
    Umm, im sorry if its obvious and im doing it wrong but i got to the part where i use the Psp Grader and it came up with an error message after i clicked the "Inject IPL only". Screenshot included for help. thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...k/Psperror.jpg

edit: Sorry for troubling you, i figured it out. In case anyone else has this problem here what i did. In windows Vista its ********, i had to right click it and go into properties, and change the computability to run in windows XP service pack, save it. then run in administrator mode and click inject IPL then it worked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To download from megaupload you have to enter three digits that it provides for you.

EXAMPLE:

Last edited by p1220drs; October 16th, 2008 at 03:32. Reason: new info

im curious, why are the root files so big?

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    im curious, why are the root files so big?
    The MMSX comes LOADED with extras. Lots of plugins and applications are available directly after installation of CFW...

All the Additional software/apps/plugins are listed in The MMSX Guide...

Default Help

ok total noobie here i need some advise
    i followed ur guide to the letter but when i put the mmsx and tool pandora i bought in the psp nothing happens i hold down x and everything ive tried it all pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez help ive been trying for months to get cfw im so close

Quote Originally Posted by theoneonlykid@yahoo View Post
    ok total noobie here i need some advise
    i followed ur guide to the letter but when i put the mmsx and tool pandora i bought in the psp nothing happens i hold down x and everything ive tried it all pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez help ive been trying for months to get cfw im so close
    Ok, what kind of PSP do you have?
    What firmware was on it when you bought it?
    Is you memory stick real or fake?
    What size is you memory stick?
    Did you inject the IPL Loader?
    Did you use the correct files: slim/phat?
    With no memory stick inserted what happens when you insert the Tool battery, does the PSP turn on automatically?
    Did you have the charger hooked up when you tried the installation?

Sorry there are so many questions but unfortunately the most common problem during CFW installation is user error...

phat ta 81
    idk right now its at 4.01
    1gb
    yes i had select run as administrator
    Phat yes
    no i have to start it with the ac adapter
    yes and no both times it didnt work

its ok i understand the complexity of this its not something everyone can do

sry also the mem stick was real not fake but i ran the fake stick program ne ways
    also if i entered 4xx instead of 4XX is it case sensitive

ok...

One cat in another forum said for his pandora battery to work he had to put the p-bat in, plug in the charger, and flip the switch while holding X (you should hold X for several seconds, atleast 5).

The only other two things I can think of is if you didnt copy the files right or you have one of the anomalies. Some peeps say they had to try like 20 times before the MMS kicked in, idk why but thats what they said.

btw, how many folders and files are in the root of your MMSX.

ok um 10 and then the 2 boot files
    ill read over the guide again
    these are the folders
    cxmb
    iso
    mproot
    music
    picture
    psp
    remotes
    seplugins
    tm
    video
    150.pbp
    401.pbp

must the battery be fully charged or is that a safety precaution so it doesnt turn off during the process

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information