Thread: MyRadio v2.1 - Ultimate Internet Radio Hack

Blog Entries

psp MyRadio v2.1 - Ultimate Internet Radio Hack

News/release from Torch

MyRadio is an alternate player for the PSP's Internet Radio Player introduced in firmware 3.80 and upwards. It allows you to access your PC media library from your PSP over the WiFi connection, either on your LAN, or even over the Internet!

It is installed under the 3.80 firmware's Internet Radio menu, and hence requires firmware 3.80 or later to work.

You can browse through your PC media library, and playback MP3 and AAC tracks. It even supports reading M3U playlists.

You can also play online streaming playlists (such as ShoutCast playlists), if you download the PLS file from ShoutCast and put it in your PC media library.

Press the START button to mute/unmute the audio.
    Use the arrow buttons on the right to quickly scroll one page at a time.
    Press the "G" button on top to launch a new page, so that you can browse while listening to music!

You need to have Apache up and running on your computer, along with ActivePerl.
    Using other Perl distributions may cause you to have missing packages/modules.

Update 31st August 2008, v2.1:
    You can now enter a URL when clicking on the G icon to open a new webpage.

A [Save] link is added after each song so that it can be downloaded to the PSP. Its useful when the path to the long is very long because the Radio control doesn't play URLs longer than 128 characters.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sweet, i'm gonna set this up

and its nice to see perl used, it makes me think that maybe i didn't learn it for nothing

nice release i was hoping winamp would update WA remote to support psp, but this is just as good

ok followed the instructions to the word and it comes up corrupt data on the psp. and wont run. any help?
    Last edited by carlitx; September 1st, 2008 at 02:10.

I think that when you replace "yourIPaddress" with a hex editor you need to delete or add null characters following that full address so that the total length of the document is unchanged, or so that the next line starting with "homepage_url" is in the same spot

oh well this was a lost cause i guess. lets wait for an update that makes it allot easier to install.

Can this play aac radio streams ? How do you use your own radio playlist ?

Thread Information