Thread: MapThis w/ 4.01m33

DCEmu Newbie

Default MapThis w/ 4.01m33

Hey guys

Going to Japan next week

Want to know, will this work in japan and will it work with Dark Alex's 4.01 custom firmware.

I have access to a PSP-Fat(with 4.01m33) and the official Sony GPS unit (the 290)

If so can I also request the map for Japan?

Please get back to me ASAP

Thanks.

DCEmu Pro

Why wouldn't it work in Japan? It's a Global Positioning System after all. If you had read the MapThis! wikibook, you would've known it should run on about any recent CFW.

Also, we don't take map requests, as in most cases, you're not allowed to share those. Use GMDL to download maps yourself.

I have DAX's 4.01 M33-2, on the Phat PSP with a PSP-290 GPS. For some reason I was not able to run MapThis (0.5.20) without getting the "ERROR: could not start USB ACC driver GPS will be disabled"-message at the start up of MapThis.

1- When I copy the mapViewer folder (from the FW3XX) to the PSP\Game401\ folder it sais "There are no games", regardless whether I have set the kernel to 1.50 or 4.xx.
    2- When I copy the mapViewer folder (from the FW3XX) to the PSP\Game150\ folder the app runs, again, regardless of what I have set the kernel to in the recovery menu.

So here I am, already deviating from the Wiki guide.

So, obivously using option 2, I run into the GPS error, and I checked these two topics:
    -http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76816
    -http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76696

And they inspired me to do some of my own problem solving: just play and see what happens. So I copied the mapViewer folder to the PSP\Game\ folder (kernel set to 4.XX), and guess what... it runs without any errors (So yes, Jehuty77, you can use Dark Alex 4.01 custom with MapThis and the PSP-290 GPS).
    So rather than sticking nicely to the guides and faq's, some tinkering by a newbie (me!) fixed the problem.

Has anyone experienced the same?

DCEmu Newbie

i have 4.01 m33-2 and i cant use mapthis my cpu clock always stays at 111mhz i cant change it. on my psp-290 it says gps-state off my gps works and i tested it with another psp but i dont know its not working with 4.01 it was working fine before i tried to put it in game150 and game folder but nothing and 4xx folder it starts well but i cant do anything onit can anybody help ? or do i have to downgrade my psp

Whatsup....

yeah i have the 4.01 m33-2 installed on my PSP SLIM .from Dark-Alex.. it took me....FOR REAL it took me about 5 minutes to install maybe less.
    i found that using the LED PANDORA battery when installed gives you a menu startup screen and everything.

Now i had ver: 4.05 latest network update installed and it copied right over it with no problem.
    The MAPTHIS app works perfectly with my GPS PSP 290 receiver. only one thing i cant get to work is VOICE PROMPT SPEECH turn by turn... how do i activate it?????????? do
    you know??

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by $fastlink View Post
    Now i had ver: 4.05 latest network update installed and it copied right over it with no problem.
    The MAPTHIS app works perfectly with my GPS PSP 290 receiver. only one thing i cant get to work is VOICE PROMPT SPEECH turn by turn... how do i activate it?????????? do
    you know??
    Did you have it working with 4.01? Are you using POI directions from Google?

DCEmu Newbie

How do any of you even get the psp 290 gps reciever to work with the psp slim. I have the newest mapthis and firmware version 4.01 M33 2

Thread Information