Thread: PSP Firmware 2.60 (More Details)

Blog Entries

Default PSP Firmware 2.60 (More Details)

The USA site has now been updated with whats new:

Features updated in system software version 2.60 include the following:

[RSS Channel] has been added as a feature under [Network]. [Volume Adjustment] has been added as an option in the [LocationFree™ Player] control panel. [Simplified Chinese (GB18030)]* and [Traditional Chinese (Big5)] have been added as options to [Encoding] under [View] in the [Internet Browser] menu bar. * The option has some limitations. For details, see "About the Internet Browser's Chinese fonts". Copyright-protected video data provided by a content provider or other services can now be downloaded directly to a Memory Stick Duo™ using the [Internet Browser]. For details, contact the video content provider. Note that some content providers may charge fees for obtaining or using copyright-protected video. Downloadable copyright-protected video may not be available in all countries and regions.

Music data in WMA (Windows Media® Audio) format can now be played under [Music]. (This applies to music saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.)
    WMA9 Professional, WMA9 Lossless and copyright-protected WMA files are not supported. Note that you must activate the [Enable WMA Playback] setting to play music data in WMA format.

[Enable WMA Playback] has been added as a setting under [System Settings]. A connection to the Internet is required to activate this setting.

Full info here --> http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.as...SoftwareUpdate

boring!......
    I WON'T update!!

DCEmu Regular

no apparant security updates... perhaps the psar dumper/mph loader will work with this as well? oh well... I won't try 'till the mph loader has more stuff working anyway

DCEmu Rookie

why did they update it again?
    what they added seems to be very unintressting and not really usable.
    did the community found a 2,5 exploit which they want to update?

None of the updates interest me. There isn't even anything remotely interesting in this new update compared to 2.50. IF YOUR GOING TO UPDATE just go upt to 2.50. . .at least there working on an exploit for that. If in the future we can take pics with the new firmwares or record video straight onto the stick than i will consider updating until than

suck it Sony

You=stupid.

God Sony get on my goat. Really bit of a nothin' upgrade just so newly developed games will require a later firmware forcing a mass update ala GTA.

Once they get flash support I'll be happy. Flash games on little ol' PSP would be pretty gnarly.

how does the wma sound on here, any body try the update? is it worth it?

the only reason i'd upgrade to a non-reversible firmware is when i can view media files through url

Yea, that would be the only reason i would update too

Thread Information