Thread: Regarding psp3d and the nand writter

Blog Entries

Default Regarding psp3d and the nand writter

Source - SonyXteam

2 days ago we gave some psp3d members a nandwritter tool with an inclueded nand to flash with for testing purposes since we couldn't afford to brick any more psp, we created it all and it indeed comes from us, the deal was that they test it and if it did work they would post the final version as an exclusive on their website.

they bricked a psp (so it doesn't work) , now they claim it downgrade any "virgin" psp to 1.00

They even supplied the nand binary we provided they don't seem to care if it's copyrighted content!!!! (you can know it's from me, just hex edit it and search for my username (Mathieulh) also you will notice that there are not only english texts inside it, it means it comes from an 1.50 psp)....

(to be more specific it comes from my own 1.50 European psp with changed backgrouds using the debug unit backgrouds (the same as the ones in the bogus update...))

However it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to downgrade to 1.00 using the provided nand since it's a 1.50 nand!!

Let me now explain how the tool works.

It flashes the WHOLE nand data into your psp, whether your psp is "virgin" or not, should'nt matter.
    We allready tried to write the nand using page writting, however it failed and bricked one of our own psp, the tool they leaked (since it's a beta and a potential psp bricker and that we never allowed them to release that version, the deal was to test it, ) was meant to preform a block writting and had high chances to work.
    Using it will brick your psp for sure!

Also know that psp3d did nothing to create this program! On their website they claim that we both created it.... They don't even own the sources or the nand dumper !! (we can post them if you don't believe us) they didn't manage to use an undocumented and tricky API such as scenand, didn't discover how to remove the nand writting protection, how to dump the nand, etc etc.....

In fact they didn't code a thing and were here only for test purposes, next time we will just create a testing section on the forums here....

By the way it didn't remove the region coding either, howver if it worked it would have switch the psp to region 2.

And again, no there was no way it could have downgraded to 1.00 since we don't even own a 1.00 nand yet !! (and neither did them since they don't know how to dump it)
    And yes we know where the region is located, but since we didin't figure out how to write on the nand correctly we don't know how to create a region changer yet.

We would need more people to test, or a psp with hardware access to the nand chip with something such as a jtag device, and yes we think (we are very confident in that point) that we know how to create hybrid firmwares, but we don't have thousands psp to brick....

If we don't find other testers I am affraid we wont be able to continue our work regarding the nand flasher.

In fact I might share a nand for educational purposes, I am still thinking about it.

So if you follow the scene closely youll have noticed news about the 1.50 to 1.0 dowgrader but for now avoid it, this site doesnt want you to brick a PSP just because others want a quick news story

DCEmu Newbie

Downgrading to 1.00 from 1.50 seems like a risk not worth taking. I dont get how a 1.00 NAND should matter because it can be upgraded just the same as a 1.50. Ah I dont understand this sort of stuff, I'm not an electrical engineer.

DCEmu Rookie

there might be mybe some new things that can be done with the 1.00 but not much so pointless i say, i dont know if this thought i have is possible but why doesnt someone just make a custome firmware that has web browser and codec's and wut not on it so we can od everything?

-Deleted because I don't know who the hell to believe anymore...-

... This does work, but like psp3d said it only works on virgin 1.5 psp's one's that have never been upgraded or downgraded. I've seen it work on my friends psp so don't go writing off psp3d as a bunch of liers. SonyXteam is just pissed because psp3d released it without their permission.

Haha. This is coming from the same team who ripped off people on a ebay scam and tried to take credit for the MPH Downgrader.... lame

Blog Entries

ahh, you know its hard to know whos telling the truth in this scene

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    ahh, you know its hard to know whos telling the truth in this scene
    Yeah...it is getting hard to tell who's lying and who isn't...

DCEmu Newbie

I'd say that chronoswing is a liar for claiming to have seen this fake downgrader work.

Thread Information