Thread: DS: £100 on 11 March?

Blog Entries

Default DS: £100 on 11 March?

Speculation has been mounting over the weekend about the European price and release date of Nintendo's DS. The latest to add their voices to the cacophony of online chatter have been German retailers, who are claiming that the handheld will cost 149 euros (just over £100) on the continent. [br][br]This was rapidly followed by more mumbling and rumblings that the release day would be Friday 11 March, a date that has been doing the rounds as an industry estimate for weeks.[br][br]And while the story has the sound of an educated guess, Nintendo are still holding fire on verifying either the price or launch date. But we won't have to wait long for confirmation: DS's price, date and launch line-up will all be unveiled at a Nintendo press conference in Paris this Thursday. We'll be there and will bring you the latest DS news direct from Nintendo the moment it's announced.

Default Re: DS: £100 on 11 March?

Thats the date & price given by a paper with a comp to win one on launch day, actually they gave £99 but theres gotta be a .99 on the end most likely. Even so compared to the normal mark up we see its a bargain

Yup march 11'th estimated price of £99 on nintendos site, or
    Exclusive to our most valued Nintendo VIPs and Club Members, a special Nintendo DS Limited VIP Pak is on sale now in the Stars Catalogue, including:

Nintendo DS system

Super Mario 64 DS (pre-release version) (Rated ‘3+’)

Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (Demo version) (Rated '12+') **

Wario Ware Touched! (Demo version) (Rated ‘3+’)

Exclusive Nintendo DS T-shirt

All this can be yours for £129.99 (€189.99 for Irish-resident members), plus 1,000 Stars to cover the cost of postage and packing.

But hurry: only 3000 of these highly desirable packs are being made available, exclusively to Nintendo VIPs and Club Members. You won’t find them anywhere else.

DCEmu Rookie

im so happy!!

what does it mean by pre-released?

but yea its cool but i only just have 1000 points and im guna get metroid and wario ware anyway and dont want mario 64 so its not worth it for me but its a good deal

also there is 15games set for launch and 120 games are being made for the DS

Probably just means get it before everyone else, except those evil importers of course . Dunno if its worth noting but that metroid demo wont be compatible with the final release version apparantly as well

that deals a bit rubbish, i was pleased when i first heard there was a DS but its just a normal one with an american version of M64 and MP:H demo.

They've changed the box but they could of at least made the DS differant in some way, a limited edition one only for VIP's or something, like the black coloured one that theres been rumours about.

At least the DS is much cheaper than i expected and with games only £19.99 and it comes out two days before my birthday!

By the way do you go on the ninty boards much? my name on there is Johno37.

DCEmu Rookie

yea games are only £19.99? sweet

as for the V.I.P's geting something different dont they get a demo of wario?

Thread Information