Thread: Pure Video Game - Your Feedback Please

BlackRock Studios PR

Default Pure Video Game - Your Feedback Please

*****post approved by DarkSaviour69*******

Hi everyone,

My name is Nicola and I am interested in your feedback about the new game PURE.

Thanks to DarkSaviour69 who has allowed me to come on here and speak to you guys.

As you may already be aware, Pure is an extreme sports, off-road racing video game, featuring vertigo-inducing massive aerial jumps and spectacular airborne tricks in photo-realistic real-world locations all over the globe, and recently won the title of best racing game for the Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2008.

Developed by Black Rock Studio with the help of esteemed quad racer and film director, Wes Miller, Pure features vertigo-inducing massive aerial jumps and delivers heart-pounding experiences unique to the genre -

The demo for PURE will be available worldwide for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation Network on Thursday, September 4th. The demo takes place on the Italy – Mount Garda track, one of 36 tracks in the game. Players must mix speed and tricks to complete the three-lap race against 15 AI competitors. The demo also includes a brief tutorial on a qualifying track to get players up to speed on the game controls.

I am interested in your thoughts about Pure and racing style games in general:

- What do you think of the game after seeing the trailers and other development videos?
    - As a player, what would you expect from extreme sports games?
    - The game also uses advanced technology, allowing the player to experience real quad bike mechanics; does this authenticate the experience more?
    - Black Rock Studios are behind the development of Pure, - is a famous development team a guarantee for you on the game’s quality?

I would like to collect your thoughts, have a look at them and take them on board when developing potential new titles.

I will come back to this topic regularly, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Thanks

Nicola
    Last edited by NicP_OL; October 2nd, 2008 at 15:52.

I've had my eye on this game for some time. I absolutely loved Motorstorm and this definitely has a look and feel of that. I plan to purchase this, initially, to fill the gap before the release of MotorStorm: Pacific Drift.
    I'll definitely download the demo when it becomes available.
    I thought the game was due out of the 26th of September, so that extra day is a nice surprise.
    Welcome to DCEmu.

Acorn Electron User

I agree. I don't have a PS3 but have played Motorstorm a few times and enjoyed it very much. This looks like the closest thing to replicating that same feel, attititude and rush on the 360.

I'll be keeping an eye on reviews and might purchase if things look good.

In answer to your questions Nicola:

Q - What do you think of the game after seeing the trailers and other development videos?

A - Looks fun, fast and exciting. Despite the obvious comparisons to Motorstorm it looks really cool and I would love a game like Motorstorm on 360. The only thing that let it down (and I may be wrong as I've only seen a couple of clips) is the possible lack of variety in vehicles.

Q - As a player, what would you expect from extreme sports games?

A - I would expect something that's fast, exhilarating and most of all fun. And some stuff that makes you just go "whoaaaahh". I'm hoping those big jumps might do the trick.

Q - The game also uses advanced technology, allowing the player to experience real quad bike mechanics; does this authenticate the experience more?

A - Possibly, but I'd rather have a fun game than an awkward sim.

Q - Black Rock Studios are behind the development of Pure, - is a famous development team a guarantee for you on the game’s quality?

A - Sometimes but not always. Treasure usually make excellent games but other developers don't always. I'd say EA and Rare are examples of that. I guess it's the people behind the game, not necessarily the name of the developer that's important. In short I'd probably say 'no' and that the game should speak for itself - I'm more likely to wait on reviews first unless I'm really excited about a game (not that often to be honest) before purchasing.

Hope that helps in some way and I'll be keeping my eye on Pure

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

It reminds me of quad bike sections in Xtreme Sports on the dreamcast

- What do you think of the game after seeing the trailers and other development videos?
    Pure looks like a SSX quad bike racing game.

- The game also uses advanced technology, allowing the player to experience real quad bike mechanics; does this authenticate the experience more?

If i was a fan of the sport I would care if they had the right names (Like i do with F1 racing games), but since not, then no.

- Black Rock Studios are behind the development of Pure, - is a famous development team a guarantee for you on the game’s quality?

After a little googling I found out that Black Rock Studio where Climax racing, which made MotoGp for the Xbox and MotoGP 07 on the 360, which both got good reviews. Personally I would go by a developers history, but its no grantee that a game is going to be good or bad.

personally I'm not a big fan of racing game. Still I think I will download the demo to give it ago.

Acorn Electron User

I've just tried the demo on XBL. I enjoyed it very much and will be interested to check out the reviews when they come out. Shame there's no multiplayer component to the demo though.

Okay, I'm usually not too interested in racing games. I have to say though, after watching the trailer, this title looks very good. Perhaps I'll download the demo, give it a test drive.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I just played the demo, and I have to say I'm impressed, looks nice and its quite fun. Its actually one of the best demo I have played in a while. Try it out

Its lonely in first position…*very lonely.
    And tricks only slow you down

unless there are various AI, response settings i dont want any more to do with Pure.
    I love Motorstorm and SSX so i was very hopeful for this game…*until i played the demo.
    Way too easy, simply hold the right trigger and steer effortlessly around any corners, no need to touch the brake- ever.
    Apparently there is boost for doing tricks…*so i assumed i would need it.
    The tricks slow you down, and simply racing leaves me in first place with no sign of other racers…*even after purposely throwing myself over the cliff 5 times in a row

not fun.

Thread Information