Thread: Wiiengine V1.0 - PC Engine Emulator for Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Wiiengine V1.0 - PC Engine Emulator for Wii

News via nintendomax

Wiiengine is a new emulator PCengine.

This emulator is directed by Hermes already author of the excellent Guirarfun.

Warning: Wiiengine written on your SDCard, creates directories, renames and deletes files via Libfat. It is therefore recommended to make a backup of the contents of your SDCard before use.

Characteristics:

-- 512 entries per case. The main directory should be: / Roma / pcengine and a different level with additional games may be added (eg / Roma / pcengine / DraculaX with data / audio tracks for the game or: / Roma / pcengine / favorites with your games Favorites)
    -- Support for the Roma PCengine formats. Pce. Bz2 or. Zip. A compressor. Bz2 is integrated into the program to convert files. A piece. Bz2 since the file manager.
    -- Support CDROM via formats. Iso and. Toc. The format. Toc file is a narrative that ties the different tracks of audio and data and can also linked a specific system for the Roma game audio tracks can be formatted. Wav or. Ogg, 22.5/44.1Khz stereo / mono 8 / 16 bits. A card system is needed to support the CDROM.
    -- The utility bincuesplit (created by Hermes) is integrated in order to extract the data and audio tracks from a CD-ROM image cue / bin. The program creates the file. Toc and compresses audio format. Ogg.
    -- Support up to 4 controllers, using 4 Wiimotes with 2 modes assignements. The Intelligent mode assigns controllers as they are successively illuminated (in the emulator button HOME only work if the controller has not been previously assigned), according to the order and the number of controllers connected (eg the controller 1 may be used for the player 1 if there is only one controller connected. The mode assigns the number of contrôleurdirectement the issue of player.
    -- Ability to program the buttons 1 and 2 as you want or as autofire.
    -- Capture images format. Bmp and player images. Bmp integrated. The emulator will create a folder specifically for this function: / Roma / pcengine / img where the images are stored using a digital sequence.
    -- WRAM autosave. The game sotckera data in a file. Wra when leaving the game or by pressing the buttons or RESET POWER on the Wii. The files will be stored in: / Roma / pcengine / saves
    -- Management backups. Full support each storing data of the game (including CD-ROM) to be able to retrieve them directly (by loading the file. Sav from the directory / saves /) or from the configuration menu once the game loaded. backups are stored in: / Roma / pcengine / saves and bzip using compression to reduce file size.
    -- Support for video modes PAL / NTSC. Bilinear filtering for improving the image..

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

sounds great

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Awesome work !!!!!

DCEmu Regular

It would feel wierd playing this with my US Duo sitting right next to my Wii. Haha but I really want to try this. I don't like playing CD-R's on my Duo since it can mess up your system. (eventually) Plus I'm regretting some games I passed on in the mid 90's. They go for way to much now a days. Same goes for some certain HU cards. So it's nice to have this on my Wii so I can still play PC-Engine on regular TV. The way it was meant to be played! Thanks for this release. I will report any bugs.

DCEmu Rookie

from what I've tried....... there is no Classic Controller support....... hope it's going to be added in the next version.

I only tested Lords of Thunder and it works great.

edit: Air Zonk (U) has no sound.
    Last edited by kevenz; September 8th, 2008 at 20:31.

DCEmu Rookie

I tried to load Sapphire and I get a message in japanese......

I think this game need the Arcade Card to work.

Is there any site with this card? the game doesn't work with Syscard3.pce (version 3.00)

Default Same

I am also looking for the arcade card. Magic engine emulates this, but I want to play Strider on my Wii.. Anyone?

Thread Information