News from Scognito

Finally today I decided to write a post for my next upcoming homebrew game for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube: it is called Piero’s Wicross.

As the name suggest it is based on a popular puzzle game Mario’s Picross, a game based on an existing puzzle game called Nonogram.

For those who don’t know what game I’m talking about, here it is a brief description of the original game, from wikipedia :

Nonograms or Paint by Numbers are picture logic puzzles in which cells in a grid have to be colored or left blank according to numbers given at the side of the grid to reveal a hidden picture. In this puzzle type, the numbers measure how many unbroken lines of filled-in squares there are in any given row or column. For example, a clue of “4 8 3″ would mean there are sets of four, eight, and three filled squares, in that order, with at least one blank square between successive groups.

I swear it is simpler than expected!

The development of the game is nearly done for both platforms, so what the game really needs are the levels.

Since I’m too lazy to create them, I decided that levels will made by YOU!

Yes, I wrote also an online level editor for the purpouse, where is possible to easily create puzzles throught a simple interface, so what expect to write your own one?

The best 50 levels will be put in the game as official ones, so head over and write yours!

Go to Wiicross Level Editor!