Thread: How to install KallistiOS etc.?

DCEmu Newbie

Question How to install KallistiOS etc.?

Hi people,

I am new in this community, so hello to all!

I want to learn to coding for Dreamcast. Using Win2K I installed cygwin. But now I dont know how to install KallistiOS, compiler, SDL on my machine. Some Instructions I found (also in this board) but a lot of the links are down.

So actually I need a real step-by-step-guide how to set up KallistiOS, a compiler and so on.

Please have mercy to me, I dont know how to solve this problem.

Hello NixMix.

Getting KOS is relatively simple. You first need to download an SVN (Subversion) program (this one will work just fine) and unzip it. From command prompt, change to the directory that you extracted SVN to then type to following:

Once it's downloaded, make sure you place KOS in Cygwin (/usr/local/dc/) and run make in /kos/kos and /kos/kos-ports. You're now ready to use KOS.

You also need the sh-elf and arm-elf tool-chains (I'm unsure where to download them separately).

Awhile ago, I created an ISO image that contains Cygwin, KOS 1.3 SVN 135, sh-elf with GCC 3.4.2, and arm-elf with GCC 3.4.2.

You can grab that from here.

I recommend that if you're unfamiliar with creating a development environment that you check that out. I recommend that if you do use the ISO, that you delete KOS that the ISO installs and upgrade to the latest SVN version by following the instructions above.

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you very much fackue!

I just downloading the ISO. Now the link works. I'll try it that way first.

But the link to allusion does not work. Suberversion is installed now but the command " svn co http://www.allusion.net/svn/kos" quits with an message reporting the connection failed.
    If I paste the link "www.allusion.net/svn/kos" in my browser I get the message "Error 404: File Not Found"

Do you know a mirror for this site?

btw.
    I had to install the package "expat" because after the svn command there always pops up a message telling "cygexpat-0.dll" is missing. Now it works (I hope so) but is that actually the normal way?

Thread Information