Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review: R4SDHC R4 SDHC Revolution DS SLOT-1

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
    I have an R4SDHC card with a Sandisk 8gb card. I cannot complain about the R4 card as it works perfectly whether it is fake or real. Have been in lots of sites and seen all the anti R4 postings but to be honest for the money its a blinding piece of kit. Is a little fiddly to start with but once you know what to do its a doddle :O)

The only issue I have is that I can only get 4gb of files to show when I load it in my DSL. I am aware that this is an issue but was just wondering if anyone knows a way to work around this??

Hoping there is someone out there who knows how to work some magic ;O)
    Try reformatting your flash card using an allocation unit size (cluster size) of 32K and reload all your files.

Hi, if anyone could help me would be much appreciated. My R4 came without a CD. So i downloaded the latest update on the R4 website, and put that on my 4gb micro sd along with a few roms and tried it in the DS. all that came up was a loading screen and it stayed on that. what have i done wrong? im not exactly a tech genius btw so i've probably made a schoolboy error... any ideas?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ed_vedder100 View Post
    Hi, if anyone could help me would be much appreciated. My R4 came without a CD. So i downloaded the latest update on the R4 website, and put that on my 4gb micro sd along with a few roms and tried it in the DS. all that came up was a loading screen and it stayed on that. what have i done wrong? im not exactly a tech genius btw so i've probably made a schoolboy error... any ideas?
    Try this one:

http://www.yall.net/r4-iii-v3.08-kernel-english.html

I'm almost certain that the R4 SDHC lite is a fake.

The cartridge is a lower quality compared to the official R4 card. But then we are talking about a device that has the primary function of playing pirate games.

I have had a bit of trouble booting it sometimes. The best bet to over come this is by removing the SD Micro card properly when it's linked the your computer.

Another problem that a friend has suffered, is that his DS battery died whilst the R4 SDHC was saving and the DS hasn't loaded the card since.

That said, it seems to work fine, you just need to be a bit more careful with it. I also found the new website that hosts the firmware.

http://www.r4super.com/ - Again, another point that makes me think it's a fake is that the site is identical to the R4 site. If the R4 team DID develop this card, wouldn't they advertise it and have the software on their main site as apposed to a new site?
    Last edited by bandit; July 24th, 2009 at 16:44.

Ok so I ordered one of these from deal extreme the other night. Does this work good???

DCEmu Newbie

Cool Mine works fine

I had mine since last year and it works fine.
    I have version 1.18. with an 8gb card.

Is there any thing new out there?
    Why Can't I Personalize it with Themes?

I don't even have a themes folder...!!!

I have seriously consider downgrading to a previous version to see if I can change themes.

What any of you recommend...??? :thumbup:

The R4SDHC card I just got is slooooow loading roms and can only access 4GB memory card. I have an 8GB card (purchased as a bundle) which becomes corrupt if more than the first 4GB is used. I've adjusted cluster size to no avail. It just won't access more than 4GB of memory. Modchip sites will sell the R4SDHC bundled with an 8GB card without realizing that it will only handle 4GB. The manual for this product (http://www.r4sdhc.com/product-en.htm) admits this misleading fact stating that "R4 Adapter supports 128MB~4GB TF(MicroSD) card , 4GB=32Gbit " The cart can take up to 1 min. 48 sec. to load a 64MB rom.

Quote Originally Posted by kz_se7en View Post
    I thought m3ds real was the best one, even better that r4sdhc r4
    yes, but the price is much higher than R4i sdhc.

Hi.
    i own an R4SDHC, and i can't get it to work
    what did you do to get it working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aria99 View Post
    Hi.
    I own an R4SDHC, and I can't get it to work.
    What did you do to get it working?
    You need a Micro SD card, then you visit the website (I'm not linking it) on the label of the cart to download the necessary files for the mSD root. But in case you've missed it, or your cart just doesn't have a label... Here's a picture of my cart, where I've kindly highlighted the address you'll find your answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information