Thread: Wierd problem with new Xbox (not 360)

DCEmu Newbie

Default Wierd problem with new Xbox (not 360)

I'm going to cut and paste an entry I made on another board then post some follow up info at the bottom. The stuff in italics is the old post.

First things first. I am a contractor working in Kuwait on a military base. I won't be able to get a 360 for a very long time, (if at all). This past Monday I bought a brand new Special Edition Halo2 Xbox from a mall here in Kuwait. I brought it back to my room hooked it up and it worked fine. Of course the new machine came with Halo2 but I already had a copy of H2, (plus some other games), from an Xbox I had last year. (it got fried by my buddy). Anyway, the first night I hooked it up I played H2 and it played great. No problem. The next night I played H2 again with no problems and then popped in FIFA 2005. I set up in career mode, picked my team, and then played a game. No problem. Now, here is where it gets wierd. The next morning, (yesterday), I woke up and decided to play a quick game before heading to work. I turned on my box and got the message that says the game is from the wrong region. "Hmmm.." I say to myself. I take FIFA out and put in H2 again. It played with no problem.

So, last night I go home and try again. H2 played with no problems. I put in FIFA and got the same message. I then put in all of my other games, ( MOH:EA, Jade Empire, Morrowind GOTY, Mech Assault2: Lone Wolf) and got the same message on each one EXCEPT for Mech Assault 2. So basically I can play Halo2 and Mech Assault2 but none of my other games. I bought all of the games at the same place. They are all NTSC and my brand new Xbox is not modded in anyway, (yet). I do understand the whole thing about being able to play only games from the same region, (i.e. U.S., Japan, etc...) but then why does Halo2 and Mech2 work in it but none of the others do? I checked all the settings on the console and everything is fine. Other than have a mod chip put in I can't figure it out. I don't have access to play on Xbox Live so the mod chip really won't be a big deal. Any ideas?

Ok, I apologize for this long a$$ post. Just today I remembered something about the first night I got it to my room and set it up. When the initial Xbox "splash" screen came on it also had a pink triangle/pyramid in the top left portion of the screen. I think it said something like "Ebox" or some crap like that. It went away and I dismissed it. I have not seen it since and have been unable to get it to come back. Anyone know if there is a mod chip maker who has a pink triangle/pyramid as a logo??

EDIT:Last night I tried another experiment. I have a few movies in my room that I bought in the states, (not pirated), and some movies that I bought here in Kuwait that ARE pirated. My brand new Xbox plays both of them with no problem. WTF??

The xbox relies on the games for region coding info & Halo 2 doesnt have any from what I've heard, presumably mechassault 2 is the same if that runs without problem as well, dont know about the little pink triangle/pyramid logo though

The little pink triangle thing is the evox logo. Sounds like you may have bought an xbox that is already modded. To get it come on hold it the power button for a few secs when your fist turn it on that should bring up the logo again.

You are so lucky! Your xbox is already modded for you. Learn how to use it and enjoy!

Thread Information